What's new
What's new

Okuma lk/ls taper attachment

ncj9769

Plastic
Does anyone out there have a okuma lk or ls with a taper attachment? Or does anyone have a drawing from manual that came with lathe on taper attachment, trace/copy attachment? If so would you like to take pictures and share drawings with me?

Thanks
ncj

Me too! I have an LS and would also like to know where to find a taper attachment or drawings for one... I would be glad to make models and drawings if I knew what it was supposed to look like.

Jason

I contacted someone and he is suppose to take pictures and check his book that came with the lathe to see if he has a parts list with drawing. Hopefully this guy pulls through he is selling a LK w/taper attachment.

Okuma LK Taper Attachment

I have an LK with a taper attachment. I also have the original manuals for the LK but not for my machine, I purchased the manuals later.

The manuals do not cover the taper attachment, neither in the owner's manual or the parts manual.

Bernard

I realize this an old thread, but I have a few pictures of the taper attachment. Not my lathe, though.

My LS has the taper mounting -- the big, double t-slotted plate that bolts to the lathe bed -- but I don't have the actual taper attachment.

Attachments

• Okuma LS Taper attachment 3.jpg
    Okuma LS Taper attachment 3.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 733
  • Okuma LS Taper attachment 1.JPG
    Okuma LS Taper attachment 1.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 687
  • Okuma LS Taper attachment 2.JPG
    Okuma LS Taper attachment 2.JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 531
Okuma LS Taper Attachment Diagram

Exploded drawing.

The parts list is from a not-too-good scan, but it's the best I have.

edit: I've added .jpg files because the .png files were tiny. I'd delete the .pngs if I could figure out how. The .jpgs are the second set when I preview the images.

Attachments

• Okuma LS Taper Attachment Parts List.jpg
    Okuma LS Taper Attachment Parts List.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 288
  • Okuma LS Taper Attachment Parts Diagram.jpg
    Okuma LS Taper Attachment Parts Diagram.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 734
  • Okuma LS Taper Parts List.jpg
    Okuma LS Taper Parts List.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 477
  • Okuma LS Taper Diagram.jpg
    Okuma LS Taper Diagram.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 1,317
Does your LK use a telescoping taper attachment, or a traditional taper attachment where you just disengage the cross slide nut?

Back