What's new
What's new

Old forum threads

amoretti

Aluminum
I was looking thru all the posts on this forum and there were 22 pages, there was one post on page 16 I wanted to return to. But now I can only go back to page 8. How do I get back there there?

Did they take them down?

Thanks, John

Go to the top or bottom of the Forum page with the list of page numbers.

To the Left of the word "Page" is a little down arrow. Click that, it should open a box you can enter the page number in to.

I suspect you went back to page 1, and there is a gap in the visible page numbers. This is a normal way for forum software to handle 'lots' of pages. If you clicked on the 8, it would take you to page 8 but the list of available pages would go up higher in increments.

Always, always, and always bookmark threads you're interested in before leaving them. Backup your bookmarks too, in case the computer you're on goes toes-up. That, or try to remember the topic and Google search the keywords, using practicalmachinist.com as the "site".
Better yet.. keeping in mind that PM covers the "universe" and that any one among us may have only a few machines OF said "universe". "We" have far more storage space, per-each, than "enough".

If there is a really good thread on rebuilding a 10EE as to lubricants, spindle bearings, apron guts or the like?

I save a local copy extracted from the cogent technical steps - not the social side-chat - in a local folder for when my turn cometh to "go thou and do likewise".

CAVEAT: As with MOST things, there are differences of opinion, more than one way, bits overlooked by one, covered by another, etc.

IOW - yah still have to review it all to make yer OWN plan, but it sure beats trying to do that "all alone, and in the dark".

Back