Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by dalmatiangirl61 View Post
    Yes, wait till the end then power bid, it will only go up in increments, unless someone else throws in a power bid too. I just noticed that this location does not do loading, you are required to provide a forklift/skates whatever. I see daylight in the pic, this might be a job for one of those dropdeck trailers.

Edit: I'm watching a machine in Provo, if I get it and things time out right I have a toejack and skates, their concrete looks pretty nice, not sure my skates would be approved.
    Thanks for the thought If I win, I'll drive up and probably get there by Wednesday (11th)am, leave that night or next day.
    There's a u-haul just up the road from the college where I'd plan to get my trailer.
    What are you looking at picking up? PM me if it looks like the dates coincide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Not sure you can/will get a rigger out to load 1 machine cost effectively, I would think you should be able to get a drop deck trailer in CA. If that is not an option I would call a tow truck and see about getting them to lift it while you back a trailer under it. Other option is rent a forklift, best if rental co can deliver/pickup.

If you get a drop deck and just need help, I might be able to help if I win what I want.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I plan to winch the lathe up the trailer ramp once I get it outside, after bolting it to 4x4s. I've done it before and it works great. Pipe rollers up to the trailer, if it's fairly flat.
    Getting it out the door is the tricky part. If they're fussy, then just having a pro along should calm their nerves. At worst I might have to get them to bring a forklift, but I hope not as that would be $$$
    It's only a small machine. If it were up to me I'd hook it up up to the winch and haul it out on some carpet remnants.

One good thing is it seems the colleges are a little less insistent on the CYA red tape BS than the commercial auctioneers. I hope so, anyway.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I sent you a PM, not sure if it went thru. Call the contact in ad tomorrow and ask what their requirements/concerns are for loading, they are usually pretty helpful. If skates and toe jack will help they are easy enough to toss into my truck, if I head that way too.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

OK, thanks -- I'll check, and we should prob. PM from there.

Good luck with your auction, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, I've have a few publicsurplus auctions say they have a forklift to assist in loading even when the auction says different. After it happened to me once I've never hesitated calling and asking.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

7. Likes dalmatiangirl61 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Shaggy,

I see there is a phone number you can call. Might pay to ask if they have any of the accessories e.g. follow rest, steady rest, spare change gears, reduction sleeve (for spindle), face plate, carrier drive plate, chuck keys including camlock key, manual. Less important, there would originally been a few spanners (open end and hook type), and a little oil gun.

A Sag 12 has holes in the base casting, through which you can put steel bars and sling the lathe.

However, if you are going to roll it on pipes, I would take along a "wrecking bar" about 4 ft. long and some pieces of plywood or wood about 1/2" thick plus thicker blocks of wood. One person by themselves can lift a corner at a time and slip in a 1/2" packer. Repeat on each corner until the lathe is high enough to poke the pipes under the lathe (or forklift forks or pallet lifter trolley). If two people available, then a longer pry bar can be used and thicker packers.

You probably have it figured out anyway!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Peter S View Post
    Shaggy,

I see there is a phone number you can call. Might pay to ask if they have any of the accessories e.g. follow rest, steady rest, spare change gears, reduction sleeve (for spindle), face plate, carrier drive plate, chuck keys including camlock key, manual. Less important, there would originally been a few spanners (open end and hook type), and a little oil gun.

A Sag 12 has holes in the base casting, through which you can put steel bars and sling the lathe.

However, if you are going to roll it on pipes, I would take along a "wrecking bar" about 4 ft. long and some pieces of plywood or wood about 1/2" thick plus thicker blocks of wood. One person by themselves can lift a corner at a time and slip in a 1/2" packer. Repeat on each corner until the lathe is high enough to poke the pipes under the lathe (or forklift forks or pallet lifter trolley). If two people available, then a longer pry bar can be used and thicker packers.

You probably have it figured out anyway!
    Thanks Peter. Yes, I should try calling about the missing bits. Might hit a brick wall, or be lucky and get someone who'll actually try and find out.
    (I notice the telescoping wiring conduit from the saddle is missing. Easy replacement, you think?)

Yep, got my big wrecking bar, probably 5' long and 30 lbs - wouldn't leave home without it --and a good assortment of wood blocking, 4x4s, fasteners, and tools. Chain, slings, electric and manual (backup) winches, tie-downs, lots of rope, and 3' lengths of water pipe. Also, (never forget) wheel chocks!

Might be an issue with pipe rollers inside the premises, i.e., their concern about damage to the flooring. Otherwise I'm pretty well set, just need something worth moving and for my truck to stay in one piece!
    -and, yeah, I still have to win the auction yet!

(BTW, PM on the way.)

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Shaggy, your pm is full so i can't reply.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by zamboni2354 View Post
    Shaggy, your pm is full so i can't reply.

OK, will see to it...

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Webb / takasawa tsl-800d 14 ½” x 32” geared head gap bed lathe

I won't be needing this one now. Good luck to someone, I hope they get it cheap and give it a good home:

6d03943e-e5db-47e7-873a-ac660011f6e5.jpg

https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auc...lot-image-link

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    I won't be needing this one now. Good luck to someone, I hope they get it cheap and give it a good home:

6d03943e-e5db-47e7-873a-ac660011f6e5.jpg

https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auc...lot-image-link
    So, tell us about your new Graziano SAG12

Ted

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by talvare View Post
    So, tell us about your new Graziano SAG12

Ted
    Hi Ted. Really looking forward to that, but I'm pretty busy getting ready for the long trip to go get it.

If I have time I'll start a new thread in the machine section before I head off, and leave a link to it here.

There's this, for now:

WTB - Graziano Sag 12

shaggy
    Last edited by shaggy; 11-06-2020 at 07:59 PM.