What's new
What's new

Graziano tortona sag 210 question

Machinism

Plastic
Hi

Can anybody help? We're having trouble starting up our lathe. It powers up, but won't allow speed selection. Sometimes, the chuck suddenly turns, but then stops. I suspect a sticky contact problem, or a problem with the circuit breaker connected to the chuck. Could cold weather have an effect on this problem.

Many thanks for any input.

Usual problem is motor turns over, but the pressure switch on the gearbox doesn't see a good enough oil pressure signal to maintain the running state - which I think might be affected by cold weather viscosity.....the one here wouldn't maintain running condition the other week. Haven't experienced a situation where the motor runs and speed selection causes it to stop. Only other problem here has been a sticky main contactor and that resulted in no start of the motor at all.

There's a few differences between the versions and the various hp varieties over the years. Do have some bits and pieces of diagram that have been drawn up for this mid 70s bastardised IMC version, with conversion to PLC control.

Usual problem is motor turns over, but the pressure switch on the gearbox doesn't see a good enough oil pressure signal to maintain the running state - which I think might be affected by cold weather viscosity.....the one here wouldn't maintain running condition the other week. Haven't experienced a situation where the motor runs and speed selection causes it to stop. Only other problem here has been a sticky main contactor and that resulted in no start of the motor at all.

There's a few differences between the versions and the various hp varieties over the years. Do have some bits and pieces of diagram that have been drawn up for this mid 70s bastardised IMC version, with conversion to PLC control.

Many thanks for this, BillE. I have passed it on to the Machinist. Appreciate your help!

Back