What's new
What's new

SAG14 Way Wipers

talvare

Aluminum
Just wondering if any of you SAG 14 owners have replaced the way wipers on your machines and if so, what did you use (assuming you were not able to get Graziano OEM parts) ?

Ted

Not that model, but DMG supplies VAJ manufactured wipers as factory replacement and no doubt have suitable ones for the 14.20111011102808261-page-001.jpg20111011102808261-page-002.jpg

Not that model, but DMG supplies VAJ manufactured wipers as factory replacement and no doubt have suitable ones for the 14.View attachment 284929View attachment 284930

Thanks for the reply. I really didn't realize that Graziano parts would still be available. I got on the DMG Mori website and sent a message, so we'll see if they respond. Where did you find the documents that you posted ?

Thanks again

Ted

Ted, it was probably 10 years back, (before Mori) and approached the local Deckel service agent by phone, he CC'd a chain email to me from various parties here, that included the pdf of the wipers, because they needed to know if it was a 60 or 45 degree machine.

Wouldn't be surprised this mob over your way know what's required, if they're distributing VAJ......assuming they're in operation at the moment!Way Wipers | Machine Tool Wipers l custom way wipers - Way Covers | Ameropean.com | Ameropean

Ted, it was probably 10 years back, (before Mori) and approached the local Deckel service agent by phone, he CC'd a chain email to me from various parties here, that included the pdf of the wipers, because they needed to know if it was a 60 or 45 degree machine.

Wouldn't be surprised this mob over your way know what's required, if they're distributing VAJ......assuming they're in operation at the moment!Way Wipers | Machine Tool Wipers l custom way wipers - Way Covers | Ameropean.com | Ameropean

Well, I have contacted DMG Mori and Ameropean Corp. Both have responded and both seem willing to help, but for some reason they don't seem to be able to recognize the Graziano SAG14 lathe. DMG asked for serial number and even photos, which I supplied, and still they can't identify the lathe. I even supplied the part numbers from my manual and still no go. Ameropean even contacted their manufacturer in Italy who responded and said that they were the supplier to Graziano, but apparently have no record of the specific part numbers and specifications. So at this point I think I'll be living with the old way wipers. Just need to be a little more vigilant about keeping the ways clean and lubricated. Thanks for your help Bill.

Ted

Disappointing. Suppose you could measure the profile and modify to size if nothing is off the shelf. I did in the end get my wipers from Ugo, because I wanted a few other electrical bits and pieces they didn't have....I'd maybe try him before giving it away, looking back at the old invoice, 82 euro. DMG Mori probably want to forget about Graziano entirely!

Back