What's new
What's new

Schaublin 102 with combitec controller

SIP6A

Titanium
I have a Schaublin 102 with a Combitec controller, like this one.

SCHAUBLIN 102-N/KL1/P | Toolmakers lathe | Second-hand machine tool

I have it up and running but the only thing stopping me from making parts are tool-posts. Mine has a slide that looks like a gang tooled lathe, where you would mount all your tool on the X axis. I have measured and made drawings but would just buy some rather than spend many hours making them. The machine and controller in the photo is at Muller in Switzerland. I see them from time to time for sale in Switzerland and other European countries so there not unknown. But have never seen any tooling or even a catalog.

Thanks!
Todd

Go back and read my post again

"Mine has a slide that looks like a gang tooled lathe, where you would mount all your tool on the X axis"

So the question remains. Are you bragging, complaining, trying to find toolblocks, planning to make or adapt, wanting to sell the Schaublin.. or what?

More often seen, stateside, Hardinge gadgetry for doing similar production-ish stuff with multiple toolholders to grace slides, linear or turret top plates, yadda, yadda.

Will some of the Hardinge "system" goods fit?

Only maybe.

Size I use - Hardinge "Conquest" the original host, IIRC - can be adapted to fit a 10EE, but is it a fit for your needs, this lathe?

Sounds interesting kind of like a Omni Turn on a Hardinge or American way lathe? Can you post some photos of yours? A size of the holes might help also. I'm also interested in the control are they still made do you have a link?

Andy

So the question remains. Are you bragging, complaining, trying to find toolblocks, planning to make or adapt, wanting to sell the Schaublin.. or what?

More often seen, stateside, Hardinge gadgetry for doing similar production-ish stuff with multiple toolholders to grace slides, linear or turret top plates, yadda, yadda.

Will some of the Hardinge "system" goods fit?

Only maybe.

Size I use - Hardinge "Conquest" the original host, IIRC - can be adapted to fit a 10EE, but is it a fit for your needs, this lathe?

Thermite go shit on somebody else’s thread.

Sounds interesting kind of like a Omni Turn on a Hardinge or American way lathe? Can you post some photos of yours? A size of the holes might help also. I'm also interested in the control are they still made do you have a link?

Andy

Andy. That’s exactly what it’s like. Doesn’t have holes it has “T” slots. I will go measure and report back. I’ve looked into Hardinge and other brands of tool holders, but I’m almost certain that there some sort of holder that we’re made for this slide.

Would like to find a catalogue or somebody that has one so I at least know what I’m looking for.

The control haven’t been made for many years. The last time I looked on the web Combitc still had a presence but had been absorbed by a larger company. My searching the last few days has reveled nothing.

Andy. That’s exactly what it’s like. Doesn’t have holes it has “T” slots. I will go measure and report back. I’ve looked into Hardinge and other brands of tool holders, but I’m almost certain that there some sort of holder that we’re made for this slide.

Would like to find a catalogue or somebody that has one so I at least know what I’m looking for.

The control haven’t been made for many years. The last time I looked on the web Combitc still had a presence but had been absorbed by a larger company. My searching the last few days has reveled nothing.

AFAIK, the Hardinge "system" goods WERE still out there on the 'net as downloadable .pdf catalogs - WITH dimensions.

Similar tasking. Similar tooling options?

Would they fit your machine's tee-slots directly? It's metric, but even so -"maybe" close enough to use directly.

If not?

The REST of the tool block, wedge/ramps, locally adjustable slides (I have four of those, two types) and such is already "there", so easier to modify the base than build 100% from scratch.

Back