What's new
What's new

Schaublin 102-N VM Parts and help needed!

V. Krzalic

Plastic
First, Hi to everyone, since it's my first post in this forum.

Now to some business ;)
I have recently bought the schaublin 102N-VM lathe and as you may see from the immages, it'l need a lot of work to make it usable. (Well if you buy it for 600e it's OK, right?
)
Among drivebelts and other small accessories that have to be found or replaced, I need some essential parts for it.

1. Tool slide with low level tool holder
2. Chuck with the backplate
3. Spindle
If someone has these for sale, plase send me your prices and we'll have a deal!

Also, it would be nice to find at least the operator's manual (preferrably service manual), as I am not so shure how to release the motor in order to chande the flat belt, as well as for other maintenance operations.

If someone is interested in buying two more 102N-VMs in simmilar condition as this shown below, please feel free to contact me any time.
All three lathes have been working in precision optoelectronic manufacturing company.

Thank you for your time and support.
feed9ho.jpg

plate4ci.jpg

front18sh.jpg

side5bo.jpg

Hi V.

your 102N-VM looks just about as bad as my 102 VM ;) But... like me I'm sure you'll have lot's of fun trying to restore it.

My headstock is now finished with everthing cleaned, inspected, painted and with new (rear) bearings. Just a first step but it gives me courage.

I've just posted a 102 VM manual in the dropbox of the Yahoo Schaublin group. Go there or give me your email adress for a direct mail. [email protected]

I have a manual for your type so tell me what you need and I'll scan some pages. For a full copy you'll have to wait till next year (A3 drawings = too big for my scanner).

I don't understand why you need a spindle :confused: It looks like you have the normal W25/W20 threaded spindle M37,6 x 3. Is it damaged or do you need the backplates ?

Marc

Hi Mark,
First, my appologies. I made a mistake in my post. I needed the chuck, not a spindle. You are right, spindle is standard W20/25 and it is in perfect shape.
Yes it looks bad, but when i tried it i was impressed with the sound! It's so quiet and it seems that all that's needed is good paint job.
Thank you for your offed for manual. It's great. Please take your time, it's not a rush. When you scan the manual, plase send me to [email protected].
I don't have much time now, but as soon as hollydays are over, i will get to work and begin with the restoration.
Thank you for your tim and support.
Best wishes for the Hollydays!
Vladimir

Hi Marc.

He needs the spindle for the tailstock. (or is it called something else?)

It may not be easy to get the spare parts, but if shipping isn't too expensive it could be fun to restore it. I would be interested in one, just to see what the fuzz is about.

BTW, when I get the chance I'll scan some color brochures and such. A friend of mine just bought a 102N-VM, so I can borrow what documentation he has.

Cheers
Erik

[ 12-26-2005, 08:09 AM: Message edited by: Erik ]

Hi Vladimir

Do you know what happened with the other machines from this factory ? I have heard that there also were a number of Deckels and other interesting stuff. A man living in Sweden but with business interests in Belgrade told me. According to him most of the machinery was to be sold to a machinery dealer as a lot.

Inge

Hello a65lbloggs,

I have made chuck backplate myself on other lathe and mounted the 4 jaw chuck and it works excelent.
You can make one yourself, thread is standard 30x3 mm (if i'm not wrong, will check out and pos it), but you need to find the chuck first in order to see the screws position accoring to which you have to drill the holes on backplate. If you need some srawing or additional info, please let me know on [email protected] and i will take some photo and drawing.

cheers!

Back