What's new
What's new

Schaublin 13 feed not working.

Hellstrom

Plastic
Hello everyone. First time posting but ive read abit. Ive bought an schaublin 13 -63 milling machine. It was pretty much in parts so ive been rebuilding it and now ive run in to a problem. The feed dont work. The feedbox seems fine but its not turning the shaft that goes up in the apron i guess is the name for it. Looking at this not verry high quality exploded image. Can anyone tell me what this part is? If you have i picture i would be verry happy if you could share it with me.

sz8vvd.jpg

Hello everyone. First time posting but ive read abit. Ive bought an schaublin 13 -63 milling machine. It was pretty much in parts so ive been rebuilding it and now ive run in to a problem. The feed dont work. The feedbox seems fine but its not turning the shaft that goes up in the apron i guess is the name for it. Looking at this not verry high quality exploded image. Can anyone tell me what this part is? If you have i picture i would be verry happy if you could share it with me.

sz8vvd.jpg
I believe KFA makes bearings. Looks like a roller bearing to me.

you're question is not clear relatively to the drawing.
Wich part are you talking about and what do you want to know ? :skep:

It's a needle bearing.

The drawing is in french :
52 aiguilles = 52 needles - Diam 2 / length 15,8mm.

It's for the freewheel mechanism that allows to engage the rapids while the auto feed is engaged.
The freewheel body spins on the shaft via those needles.

The ratchet action is provided by six small rollers pushed by little springs against a canted wall of the body.

t_schaublin140b_953.jpg

Scroll down this page and you'll see detailed pictures of the freewheel assembly.

Wow this helped me alot! A little background information about the machine is that i bought it in parts pretty much. Most of the parts where in bags and ziplocks. and since i did not tear it down myself i kind of had to rely only on the "not so" high quality exploded pictures. This really helped me! and even though my Frence is... lets just say not the best. i will read trough the whole thread you linked to.

Found out the old owner have lost one of the pins that sits to the spring so ill have to do a new one tomorrow. i was really wondering why it would not engage the feed but the pins where not installed.

again Thank you :)

//Johan

PS. installing the springs/pins/rollers med me wish for the first time in my life that i was born with 3 hands.

#note to self lock your self in a dustfree small room when installing the springs and pins they like to take a fly :)

My experience has two things to add (besides that I'd be pretty happy to stumble upon a Sch. 13).

A dollop of the stickiest grease you can find, works a treat for holding difficult little parts in place. It also provides a fair level of..drag.. should they decide to launch themselves. Rinse it off with solvent later, if the grease does not fit well with how it gets lubed.

A strip of the white board magnet, from an office supply place, works a treat to find those flying parts when you know more or less where they went, but don't really have a decent sighting on them. Have used that method a LOT to find very tiny, somewhat expensive screws from watches and clocks, before I learned the very real benefits of owning very expensive tweezers. :)

Much to be said for knocking the background clutter noise down to a bare minimum, if possible, while doing this sort of stuff. Can't begin to tell you how often being able to hear a part land, has cut the search time down.

My experience has two things to add (besides that I'd be pretty happy to stumble upon a Sch. 13).

A dollop of the stickiest grease you can find, works a treat for holding difficult little parts in place. It also provides a fair level of..drag.. should they decide to launch themselves. Rinse it off with solvent later, if the grease does not fit well with how it gets lubed.

A strip of the white board magnet, from an office supply place, works a treat to find those flying parts when you know more or less where they went, but don't really have a decent sighting on them. Have used that method a LOT to find very tiny, somewhat expensive screws from watches and clocks, before I learned the very real benefits of owning very expensive tweezers. :)

Much to be said for knocking the background clutter noise down to a bare minimum, if possible, while doing this sort of stuff. Can't begin to tell you how often being able to hear a part land, has cut the search time down.

I agree. it actuelly went pretty smooth that said i have one side left, the upper side. just waiting on some needle bearing pins that i've ordered.

I've found another part that i cant figure out where it belongs. any help would be much appreciating.

2you0xu.jpg

15hbf37.jpg

2h5nocn.jpg

I don't recall seeing that part on my 13.
Looks too long and flimsy to be the feed joystick and I can't think of another comparable part elsewhere on the machine.

Back