What's new
What's new

Schaublin 135 belt change

EJParrott

Plastic
I have a Schaublin 135 which needs new belts, they've worn and stretched now to a point where they aren't functioning correctly, and an oil leak on the countershaft probably hasn't helped. I've stripped it as far as I can according to the manual, but my machine is fitted with a lever type collet closer which isn't in the manual. I need to get the shaft end off (see photo) so I can remove the rear bearing and then split the spindle pulley. The piece has a split collar on it, but the piece itself doesn't have any splits so I'm not really sure why it's there! From the drawing in the manual of the ordinary machine I can see the location that the piece is sat on, but it gives no indication of whether or not it's threaded. Underneath the split collar it has four slots, but using a drift it doesn't move either way. I have got a C spanner to fit but it's in my toolbox at work.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 159
EJ,

Your spindle design is different from mine, but I'm almost certain that the part in question threads onto the spindle shaft. It's a very fine thread, so try tapping it with a soft metal hammer in the axial direction to free it.

Please let us know what you find.

Kind Regards,

Don

EJ,

Your spindle design is different from mine, but I'm almost certain that the part in question threads onto the spindle shaft. It's a very fine thread, so try tapping it with a soft metal hammer in the axial direction to free it.

Please let us know what you find.

Kind Regards,

Don

You are not wrong, success! Really don't see the purpose of the split ring though, can't see what it actually achieves.

Anyway, collet closer removed, can crack on now....typically the manual little reflects the actual job! The manual just say's to remove the plate with four capheads in, then split the pulley, then remove the belt.....I've already discovered that to remove the plate, I fist have to remove the plate bolted to it, and then I have to remove locking nut and the distance piece on the shaft before the plate can actually physically be removed! Having removed the 3 bolts that hold the two halves of the pulley together, it now looks like I need to remove the tail bearing and the locking nut and tab washer before the pulley will split!

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 109

Back