What's new
What's new

Schaublin 135 lifting bolts?

Luke Rickert

Hot Rolled
Does anyone (in Europe) have set of schaublin 135 lifting bolts/eyes they would like to sell, rent or loan me?

If not does anyone know what size the thread is? with a ruler it looks like M22 x 2.5 but I am not sure on the diameter and all my measurement tools are packed up or shipped already.

I have set a threaded rod stubs (60mm long threaded rods) from Ole Steen but on my machine (unlike the later ones) two of the holes are vertical so these won't work without modification and I don't have time or tools to do that. I should be able to get a friend to make me a set of proper bolts but I need to know what thread to tell them to cut.

it is the threaded eyes that are used with a rod at either end to lift the machine

thanks
Luke
lathelift.jpg

A bit late, but nobody else seem to have a reply. I don't know, but on my 125 they are indeed M22x2.5. I don't have the eyes, but have M22x2.5 bolts which fit.

Regards, Charles

Does anyone (in Europe) have set of schaublin 135 lifting bolts/eyes they would like to sell, rent or loan me?

If not does anyone know what size the thread is? with a ruler it looks like M22 x 2.5 but I am not sure on the diameter and all my measurement tools are packed up or shipped already.

I have set a threaded rod stubs (60mm long threaded rods) from Ole Steen but on my machine (unlike the later ones) two of the holes are vertical so these won't work without modification and I don't have time or tools to do that. I should be able to get a friend to make me a set of proper bolts but I need to know what thread to tell them to cut.

it is the threaded eyes that are used with a rod at either end to lift the machine

thanks
Luke
View attachment 244559

I have ordered up a set of lifting eyes in that size, hopefully they fit as I won't know until I actually get the machines down here and try to lift them off the truck :)

L

I know this was a few years ago but I have a 135 that requires transporting and wanted to check this info too, the service manual shows a 40mm rod through the eye of each bolt but it seems most M22 eye bolts have a smaller internal diameter than 40mm - guessing Schaublin made their own which would cost a fortune if you ever found any originals, any suggestions?

Marc

Yes I did, super excited and a bargain I think.

Waiting for the 135 to be transported, have started a thread on this forum..... Buying a Schaublin 135 where I will try to log the progress getting this dirty machine back to looking more like a loved lathe.

Marc

Attachments

• D7F897CA-CDA8-45F5-938E-557DCEAA20EF.jpg
    D7F897CA-CDA8-45F5-938E-557DCEAA20EF.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 31
So I was expecting a few challenges once I had the lathe but it seems its throwing up one already and its not even moved yet!
The specifications for lifting as this thread shows requires an M22 lifting eye bolt that will accept a 40mm diameter steel rod, well seems that combination is almost impossible to get, its either M20 or M24 or if you do find an M22 the hole is way smaller than 40mm, more like 30mm.
I'm assuming you cannot use lifting eye bolts like on generators as the load needs to be in line with the thread, the 135 has two of the threaded holes in the side of the main housing on the machine so the load is 90 degrees to the thread.....
Any suggestions or suppliers of M22 x 40mm eye bolts out there that you guys know?

Marc

I'm assuming you cannot use lifting eye bolts like on generators as the load needs to be in line with the thread, the 135 has two of the threaded holes in the side of the main housing on the machine so the load is 90 degrees to the thread.....
Any suggestions or suppliers of M22 x 40mm eye bolts out there that you guys know?

Marc

Look down the link a little to the Collared Eyebolts 2.2 section. These are made for side loads almost all the eye bolts that follow are also able to do side loading. I like the swivel hoist rings but new they ae $$$

A guide for lifting eye bolts and lifting points - types and safe use

edit:
Look at these from the same link above but double check for side loading, I did not see it shown:
EYEBOLTS - METRIC COARSE THREAD TO DIN 580 - SELF COLOUR FINISH

Check the pin diameter sizes on off the shelf shackels. My bet is you'll find something there and they'll fit the eye on the M22 lifting eyes you can get, and the shackel body will or should take the 40 mm rod diameter. Yes more to buy and add, but it should work just fine. Shackels are the Bridgeports of the rigging trade.

Back