What's new
What's new

Schaublin 150 hammered pain code?

str

Plastic
Hello,

I was quite lucky to buy a Schaublin 150 lathe from some bankrupted company in my country. A classic story - the machine and 200 pounds (literally) of its "weird Swiss" accessories were kept in stock for many many years covered with oily dust.

Interesting, the machine (serial BL 244064, late 70's?) is fully working and even a 40's years old Heidenhain DRO / linear scales are fully working!

I am researching and evaluating if I can restore it to "factory look" and "factory type tolerances" (same as two world famous Norwegians did:)

I red all information available and talked to many experienced people and I am generally understand now what must be done. This is a very very long, complex and expensive project.

My question is about hammered paint code.

Most of machine painted factory "late" green (color code available) but some parts are in "hammered grey".

What is the correct code and best brand to match original paint available in Europe?

Ruslan

Hello Ruslan

I think an extensive set of hi-resolution pictures of the machine and all the accessories that came with it would greatly help us to give you the information you're looking for ! :)

Hi, Ruslan! What a happy find. The colors: The green is RAL 6011 "resedagrün", but the silver hammer paint probably don't have a RAL code. I have gotten relatively close with Hammerite silver hammer paint with "a dash" of black mixed in. Try to find paint with 60-70% gloss, high gloss will get you scary for every nick and scratch! I have used Tikkurila Temadur polyuretane with very good results (Finnish). The polyurethane adheres very strongly, and resists wear well. Good luck with the rebuild!
Ole

Back