What's new
What's new

Schaublin Collets ?

adrian

Cast Iron
Hi All

Been having a clear out of the bottom draw and found some collets which came with my Lorch Lathe but are not Lorch collets or for my lathe.

They have a marking on the nose which is a large S with a small A in the centre. I think they are Schaublin but I don't know which type.

They have a 12mm register diameter with a key way and an overall length of 45mm.
DSC00809.jpg

Any clues ?

cheers Adrian.

Hi Dave

Thank you for the reply.
The collets have a buttress thread which is the same diameter as the sleeve.

cheers Adrian.

Hi Adrian

That definitely looks like a W-12, you can see the specs here:
W-collet specs from Schaublin (pdf)

BTW,that's an "S" with a "V" crossing it, the Schaublin logo; stands for "Schaublin-Villeneuve". Villeneuve was Schaublins silent partner when they started out:

from the Schaublin website history

"For all this work, Charles Schäublin was to be assisted, from 1916, by his brother-in-law, Emile Villeneuve. Born in 1890 in Corgémont, he was then a junior master and taught at Tavannes. He worked on the Company's financial and commercial organisation, whereas Charles Schäublin focused his energies on construction and industrial manufacturing."

Schaublin went bankrupt in the late 90s and was split into two companies: Schaublin Machines SA www.smsa.ch in Bevilard (owned largely by a couple of swiss machine tool dealers like Luthy and Muller) and Schaublin Delemont www.schaublin.ch , who make collets and bearings etc. and are owned by RBC bearings

Hi Hans thank you for the information, it's nice to know the history of these companies.

Sorry Dave I have just agreed to sell the collets to another forum member, but if I come across any more I will let you know.

Best regards Adrian.

For Sale: 43 Schaublin W-12 collets on eBay

Hi Hans thank you for the information, it's nice to know the history of these companies.

Sorry Dave I have just agreed to sell the collets to another forum member, but if I come across any more I will let you know.

Best regards Adrian.

For those interested, I listed a bunch of W12 collets on eBay for sale. There are 43 in the lot, various sizes. Mostly metric. The listing is here - 43 Schaublin W12 collets, various sizes | eBay

I'll ship them outside the US if the buyer can handle the paperwork.

Brendan

Back