What's new
What's new

Searching for Hembrug AI DR1 documentation

KingKustom

Plastic
Good day to all of you!
Im new to this forum, well new, I've registerd now ;-)

I have purchaged a good old Hembrug AI DR1 lathe from the early 60's, after turning years with an EMCO compact 8.
This EMCO was a wonderfull lathe, but getting a bit too small.

I was searching for all sorts of documentation about this Hembrug AI, but seems to be very difficult to get? :scratchchin:

Is there somebody on this forum who can help me with documentation about these lathes?
Be it on paper or digital, that does not matter, I am also willing to pay.

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks in advance!!

Greetings from Holland,

Kees

-- King Kustom --

Well, I have a complete manual in .pdf.
Shoot me a PM with your emailaddress in it and I`ll send it to you.

Wens je veel plezier met de DR1, heb er zelf ook 1 en ben erg tevreden ermee.

Last edited:
Manual sent.
It`s quite big (21 MB), so let me know wether your inbox is up for it.
If not : I could send all the pages seperately.

Anybody else interested : let me know.

Update : didn`t work.
Let me know the max size your inbox can handle, so I can send a few mails containing the loose pages.

You`re welcome.

If there`s any Q`s : post them here.
There`s plenty of people reading/participating on this board who have one of those lathes.
(myself included)

Attachments

• FP1+DR!LS verhuizing 2.jpg
    FP1+DR!LS verhuizing 2.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 1,701
Hi Kees,

you may try mr. de lange in Coevorden, Jovi in Leeuwarden or Jan, who often sells DR1's on marktplaats. Jan lives in Tiel.
he bought my DR1S from me.
Yes Greg, Schinfa asks serious money. But the quality of his parts is beyond doubt.

Bertus

hi Lambert,

you can find Mr. de Lange also on Marktplaats. search for AI or Hembrug parts.
If you can't find him, let me know and I PM you

Bertus

Sorry for the late reply on the vaste bril. It took me awhile to find it....

the DR-1 pictured is prior to 1964 when they went to a full chip pan that extended under the change gear housing. Also, the back gear levers changed in ( I think 1961) so that both handles went back and forward together. Prior to that they moved in opposite directions to engage or disengage back gear.

I cannot find that section of my manual, but it was covered in a note from the factory to reflect the change.

Greg

Okay, so this machine is build before 1964.

Greg, do you have a manual for this machine?
I have a manual for a newer lathe from Lambert, but there are some minor changes though...

Thanks,

Kees

Hi,I seen you posted that you have a operators manual for the Hembrug DR1 several years ago, I’m just in the process of getting one of these machines from 1975 with no manual, wondering if you still have a PDF of it? Would really appreciate it if you could email it to me? Thanks in advance.

Back