What's new
What's new

Semester projects from foreign students

706jim

Titanium
I came out of retirement to teach a class of foreign students from India. Most had no machining experience at all and the photo shows the results of a short semesters (about 10 2 hour labs)work. They produced a stub mandrel and 3" aluminum pulley. All 29 were able to complete their parts which is unusual at a school.

Attachments

• Pulleys.jpg
    Pulleys.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 298
Each student turned a mandrel and heavy duty washer from mild steel.
The mandrel was then used to hold the pulley for the grooving operation. And while all of the students are from different parts of India, all will be making Canada their permanent home. So not so much sending jobs overseas as improving the abilities of people that may end up doing technical work in Canada.

I like it when teachers give good projects to their students, they learn the material better if they work on a project. When I was a student, I took a Cisco course and I am very happy about it. Unfortunately, due to the quarantine, my specialty is no longer in demand and doesn't bring income. As you know, many people have lost their jobs. So, I started looking for remote work for myself related to network administration. But the problem is that I didn't pass the exams to get the Cisco certification. This certification is required to get a job in a good company. Thus, I found a website cciedump.spoto.net where you can get help preparing for exams, to be honest, I forgot some important info of the material and I need to refresh my memory. I hope that I will be able to get a certification and find a good remote job so that I can send money to my family in India.

Back