What's new
What's new

Schaublin 150 spindle bearings replacement

str

Plastic
Dear Kameraden,

I am "very carefully" rebuilding a Schublin 150 and replacing a spindle bearings.

The "easiest" job is done - head stock/spindle is taken apart completely and a set of new SKF bearings bought!

The orientation of the bearings and positioning of the outer rings are clear (follow the markings).
The thickness of the bearings/spacer and adjustment of the preload is quite clear also. Its written in manual.

To be honest, I missed a positioning of the inner rings of the bearing (eccentricity markings) then I took them away from the spindle.

As I understand the bearings inner rings eccentricity markings must be in-line.

But how they must be positioned on the spindle?

Opposite to spindles eccentricity markings???

PS. If I understood correctly, these numbers on the spindle are also eccentricity markings.

View attachment 309517

Ruslan

I did 12 or 13 times already - carefully listening every word he says!

If I undersood right - there are no eccentricity markings on his mill spindle and no special bearing inner ring positioning.

That would be logical, but thats about all I can say with an acceptable level of certainity...:)

Have no info on your machine, but reason would suggest the marks on the bearings should line with the spindle marks...Otherwise you are just guessing at a 180* approximation for the location opposite
Schaublin would have made this accurate and self explanatory.....Never saw reference marks that did not line up.....
The bearing markings are done to an industry standard...Schaublin knows this...and would have marked the spindle to match.
Cheers Ross

Now that's something I would have completely missed but it seems even more logical ! :rolleyes5:

It also makes sense if you consider the markings on the spindle wich are negative values, where the max runout points should be marked with positive values.

Now re-thinking about it, those marks are not located where the bearings sat on the spindle and I wonder what "-8" stands for.
-8 microns seems a lot for a machine capable to turn parts well under that tolerance when in good condition. So ? Thoughts ?

Last edited:

Back