What's new
What's new

Smart and Brown 1024 drawbar

farmerjoe

Plastic
Hi Guys,

I have just purchased a very nice 1024 VSL.
It sadly did not come with the 5C collet drawbar. There are currently none available at Smart and Brown so it looks like I’ll be making one.

Does anyone have, or can they take Some detailed pictures and dimensions? I would really appreciate it. Alternatively if there’s one lurking that could be parted with......

It’s the hand wheel type,

Many thanks
Joe.

... looks like I’ll be making one.

It’s the hand wheel type,

Well even if you CAN single-point the threads to pick-up the 5C arse-end, you have to buy stock from SOMEWHERE, so it seems a waste of time what with several sources selling pre-threaded 5C drawtube in several stock lengths to NOT buy the pre-threaded knowing in advance it is also well-proven goods as to alloy, size, wall thickness, etc.

A "handwheel type"?

It is YOUR FAB as has about as good a control as exists as to overall length of a store-bought ready to use drawtube, so a sketch with a few dimensions measured off the spindle it has to fit, and what you select for wheel and adjacent bits should be all yah really need.

About the only thing around a lathe any SIMPLER to fab is an ignorant knock-out bar for centers and such. Or a gadget that hangs a chuck key safely out of harm's way?

Fuggabuncha "other people's drawings" for any of those simple, utilitarian needs. You ain't trying to get a government contract for a million of 'em to meet MIL-SPEC.

Use yer OWN brain and...

JFDI!

Back