What's new
What's new

Spindel Nose Cazeneuve HB725

Leon Mertens

Plastic
I want to make some backplates for some chucks for a cazeneuve HB 725.

Does someone know which dimension the taper nose is from a HB 725.
I know you have different types, but it's not a camlock version.

It's cazeneuve own system with three screws.

I thought the taper was about 10 degrees, but i want to be sure.

first i want to order them, but the price is towers high especially when you need 4 backplates.

Hi

Take a look at this: Fabrication faux plateau pour Cazeneuve HBX360 | Usinages

That dude made him self a tool to measure the size, he sets the top slide to 1.5°

But its a HBX360. I dont know if the 725 has the same angle...

Maybe it helps...

Greets

bear

Surely hope the poor OP hasn't gone empty-handed for twelve years...

But I'm pleased to offer thanks for the link, bear. It was worthwhile brushing-up on my lousy French skills.

Same source also has HB 500 & HB 575 info, but I saw nothing there for the larger HB 7XX tribe.

I happen to have an HBX-360-BC ,though.

The two new backplates just purchased were not cheap, no. But neither is my time!

I think I can afford two more = six, total, counting the two that came with it with workholding already mounted.

Not as if they didn't LAST a longish time, is it?

:D

No foul. The info helps SOMEBODY.

And Cazeneuve refurb projects DO tend to run slowly!

...or maybe that's just ME?

:)

the astonishing thing about Caz lathes, they never seem to rust, I,m 5 miles from the coast, stuff rusts but not my hb575, the 3 jaw(trois mors) shines as new although it is stuffed, you can buy a Chinese chuck, in a week there is surface rust, maybe the Caz has more nickel, Cu Mg, who knows, maybe will try a faceplate, but what from? in the meantime, I just use the 4 jaw to hold new chucks, but with only one good arm, I find clocking almost impossible, I cannot reach over it Ladner and Rohm do not answer my emails

OK, I'm really taken by the Cazeneuve lathes. Found one reasonably close in what appears good cond. Its a HB500. Unfortunately it has the Caz proprietary nose. Before buying it I'd like some idea what a new chuck back-plate might cost and are they really available??

The specs on these lathes are amazing, I probably won't use it much but would really enjoy seeing it crouching in my shop.

John

Back