What's new
What's new

Lorch B30 being mis-represented

Martin P

Titanium
Zoll-Auktion - 1 Drehmaschine Lorch B30 LZS (ID 739160)

See this government auction for a Lorch B30.
This machine is in a university lab. It was used.
It was supposed to be sold off real cheap and "under the table" as scrap. Supposed to have worn out headstock, but someone was willing to generously give 500 for the scrap. A real sacrifice.
I advised from far away and very indirectly that this is a very rare lathe and putting it in an auction would be very appropriate.
The are not allowed to use Ebay (??) so it went on Zoll-Auktion.
I only see it just now.
To confirm all suspicions the airhead in charge puts in 1 picture, the worst one, from the back side, making it look incomplete.
I have more pictures of this machine. It is very complete and has a lot of assessories. The tail stock is NOT missing.
I can´t buy it, as I am completely out of space.
The machine is in Kiel, Germany.
The only way they could have made this even worse would be to advertise it in the kitchen appliance section, so no-one would see it.
It hope someone wants to save this machine from the Vandals.
I cannot help and officially know nothing.
I have more pictures of this machine for any seriously interested people.

The cross-feed handwheel looks exquistely made. If only that thing was in North America, I would be on it. I assume shipping and especially crating will run a couple of thousand $.

Nice machine and thank you for calling it out, hopefully it will go to a nice new owner who will appreciate its hertitage and quality, if I had not just bought a machine I would have bid on this, lovely accessories and loads of Multifix tooling too.

Marc

Back