What's new
What's new

Tread weiler condor

vrutos

Plastic
Hello, I have a lathe Weiler Condor vs2 the problem I have is with cutting threading, settings lathe based on the table do not match. gears that I use is 120t 21t 28t if I want to do a thread 1,75mm and table writes 5c = 1,75 the thread is 2,35-2,40mm. someone knows tell me why is this;

Hello, I have a lathe Weiler Condor vs2 the problem I have is with cutting threading, settings lathe based on the table do not match. gears that I use is 120t 21t 28t if I want to do a thread 1,75mm and table writes 5c = 1,75 the thread is 2,35-2,40mm. someone knows tell me why is this;

From my LZ330 and the Condor literature.

Two gear trains can be used to generate the 1.75 pitch and the 2.4mm pitch.

gears used are either 21,120,127,28,34,68 or , 21,127,120,28,68,34 on the A-9 or C-9 box positions for the 1.75 mm pitch. The 2.4 mm pitch uses C-12 or A-12 box positions.

If you are achieving 2.4 mm pitch, the change gears may be correct. Change the Norton box position. ;-)

Let us know how it works out.

You have to check the belt/gear lever is in the right position. The Norton box has to be driven from the spindle by gear, not by the belt.

Take a look at the picture of your lathe in this link
Page Title

Notice the levers and dials below the head stock and in line with the feed drive gear box.
There will be positions marked A-B-C and 1 through 12 etc.

Set ALL the controls to the correct positions.

At first it all seems difficult and complex. After continued use, the machine becomes familiar. Work with it a bit, you don't even need to be cutting metal to practice setting the feed gears.

Back