What's new
What's new

Value of Schaublin 70 or 102 lathe grinding drive attachment ?

Milacron

Administrator
Staff member
Used but in good condition...The motor with step pulley, vertical columns, etc ...every thing except the actual grinding spindle. What's it worth ?

image.jpg

I would be interested knowing this as well. Also (not to hijack), what is the threading attachment worth on a 102-80?

The picture shows what looks like a T-slot way the motor affixes to. My 102N does not have that T-slot way.

And on a different matter, all the posts are showing the date as 5th of July.

The picture shows what looks like a T-slot way the motor affixes to. My 102N does not have that T-slot way.
None of my smaller Schaublins have that T slot on the back either. This grinder attachment...the main vertical rod...has a round flange base. This base bolts to a piece of steel that in turn bolts to the back of the lathe base. This steel section serves as the motor mount also. So to install it, one would have to drill and tap two holes in the back of the lathe base to hold the steel that the flange mounts to. Simple enough.

I sold one of these privately in 2014 for GBP/£850.00 (US$1100.00) and the grinding attachment went for the same price too.
Do you mean you sold the whole deal for $1,100..... or the drive for $1,100 and grinding attachment for $1,100 ?

Do you mean you sold the whole deal for $1,100..... or the drive for $1,100 and grinding attachment for $1,100 ?

Sorry it was not clear ... the drive attachment (P/n.102-95.100) went for $1,100.00. The buyer paid a further $1,100.00 for the grinding attachment (102-87.650). I also sold the vertical milling slide (P/n.102-87.300) for $1225.00. Hope this helps ;)

cat79-p24.jpg cat79-p82.jpg cat79-p84.jpg

I would image these accessories will demand more now and rarer to find :(

John :typing:

Sorry it was not clear ... the drive attachment (P/n.102-95.100) went for $1,100.00. The buyer paid a further $1,100.00 for the grinding attachment (102-87.650). I also sold the vertical milling slide (P/n.102-87.300) for $1225.00. Hope this helps ;)

View attachment 175036 View attachment 175037 View attachment 175038
I forgot I don't have the long drive belt however.....it that something one makes themselves from belt stock (like O rings) or do you have to have the official belt via Schaublin ?

I paid 400 for just the overhead drive transmission. I do not need the motor as I have the auxiliary spindle on my main motor with the spigot to receive the transmission shaft. When I finally get around to setting this aspect up, I will probably use urethane belting. The transmission is just a mear down payment towards setting something like this up though with the grinding and milling spindles to source and then the vertical slide and the spindle indexer...All for what ? Just to do what one usually would do on a milling machine or a t and c grinder...

Seems like there is still stuff trickling out of Bulova and I occasionally see remnants of the automaton maker/ hoarder auction in Connecticut from a few years back.

Is it round ? Where does one buy it ?

It comes round or flat and v-belt form. join it by heating up a flat steel sheet or razor blade held in a vise press two ends to the heated blade and slide them off together and press together. Trim excess with an sharp exacto knife. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the temperature right but probably don't need a precise length in this case. There is also the hollow type round belting that gets joined with little plastic barbed dowels. Mcmaster carr has this and perhaps they can join it for you. I get it from a local to me belting company.

Back