What's new
What's new

Is this W20 collet closer from a Schaublin lathe? What model?

ballen

Diamond
This W20 collet closer came from Switzerland with my Studer RHU-450 grinder. It's not original, because I recently got an original collet closer and have fitted that to the machine. So I want to sell this one. I suspect it's from a Schaublin lathe. Can anyone here confirm that, and tell me what model? Obviously the mounting bracket (lump of cold-rolled steel!) is not original but I believe that the rest of it is.

attachment.php

Thanks!

Bruce

I would second the idea it might not Schaublin, the design language is very different from the collet closer on my 135 and if you look at the Schaublin catalogs the design is different on the 102 (normal and VM, old and new). As I am sure you know there were many companies using W20 collets on 102 like machines. It might be worth digging through the catalogs on Swiss machine tool literature library - Anglo-Swiss Tools of the other Swiss producers although it could also be French. I think the German machines might have been more likely to use B collets but other than Leinen I don't know so much about those.
Luke

Back