Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Mueller View Post
    There's an easy answer:
    A Jenix for functionality and a Heidenhain for the looks!

Nick
    So a HH without the scales???
    Or perhaps a Jenix in a HH blackbox

As you might have noticed this machine is missing the normal tailstock
    So I intended to take out the drill quill out of the casting and then put in a new quill with the typical nonius
    Well it turns out to cost more than €1000 just for the quill and the noniusring

Then just this afternoon a client wants to buy me a slotter But you know, price is too high So he proposes to make me the headstock with the use of the casting from the
    drilling headstock (or whatever you call it???) I have to make some drawings then Oke that might be something

But then a college calls in and I just asked him if he had a quill of a headstock of a Matador
    NO he says I ONLY HAVE ONE OF A ERGODOR
    Well I got all excited But then he continiud. It is missing the quill though
    But still I buy it so I have both the headstocks

Peter from holland

2. Likes TNB liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

SOLD

Peter from holland

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by peterve View Post
    So a HH without the scales???
    Or perhaps a Jenix in a HH blackbox

As you might have noticed this machine is missing the normal tailstock
    So I intended to take out the drill quill out of the casting and then put in a new quill with the typical nonius
    Well it turns out to cost more than €1000 just for the quill and the noniusring

Then just this afternoon a client wants to buy me a slotter But you know, price is too high So he proposes to make me the headstock with the use of the casting from the
    drilling headstock (or whatever you call it???) I have to make some drawings then Oke that might be something

But then a college calls in and I just asked him if he had a quill of a headstock of a Matador
    NO he says I ONLY HAVE ONE OF A ERGODOR
    Well I got all excited But then he continiud. It is missing the quill though
    But still I buy it so I have both the headstocks

Peter from holland
    So the deal is, unlike the Schaublin two speed rack and pinion star wheel tailstocks, where you can put it in low gear and lock the quill and it therefore will not move when used as a regular tailstock for bar support.... this one is pivot slide only and therefore even if you lock it, it will still move if used for bar support and therefore you need the regular tailstock with it as well ?

Milacron

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Yes

You have to have 2 tailstocks to be complete
    But that is not uncommen on European lathes
    The little sidetable on the richt you see on some is to place the tailstock on which you don`t use

Peter from Holland

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    South Carolina
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by peterve View Post
    Yes

You have to have 2 tailstocks to be complete
    But that is not uncommen on European lathes
    The little sidetable on the richt you see on some is to place the tailstock on which you don`t use
    Hmmmm...I was afraid of that....ran across an Eragodor of vague interest, but has the same pivot slide only type tailstock, meant for drilling and tapping but not bar support. I wonder if they come standard with normal screw tailstock and it just gets put on a bench somewhere (rather than the side shelf on the lathe itself meant to store it) and eventually thrown in dumpster ? This one also has no chucks

Ironically I do have original screw tailstock for my Schaublin 135 but never need it since the Starwheel tailstock can be put in low gear, locked and serves just fine for bar support as well. In fact it's a bit silly considering how expensive they were that Schaublin didn't just go ahead and manufacture ALL their toolroom lathes with Starwheel tailstocks as *standard* and not even offer the normal screw type.

Milacron
    ==============================

(on edit)

Found out this afternoon paint is not original on this one, so I'm out anyway.... dope slaps to whoever covered over the original green...green...plus dials are metric and DRO is metric only I think.

Milacron
    Last edited by Milacron; 04-01-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hoi Peter,

Ik heb nu ook zo'n Ergodor. Heb jij er misschien een handleiding bij, die ik kan kopieren?

mvgr
    John Kronenburg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Makron View Post
    Hoi Peter,

Ik heb nu ook zo'n Ergodor. Heb jij er misschien een handleiding bij, die ik kan kopieren?

mvgr
    John Kronenburg
    Send me a PM with your E-mail address and I send it to you

Peter