What's new
What's new

Weiler LZ330 Apron Rebuild

nick gill

Plastic
I am rebuilding my apron after some siluable oil ingress and a lot of rust subsequently (before I bought it).

I really need a manual if someone can help.

The apron is difficult to disassemble. Weiler were obviously very proud of the tolerances they could hold and subsequently set about designing the apron with an absurd abundance of interference fit bushings for every shaft, which hold all the gears (also interference fit). Add some corrosion and you have a nightmare getting anything to move.

This lowest gear + shaft is the worst bit, with a fitted bushing retaining each side. In my case the wear from the oil seals is horrific. The key inside the bore is also half work out.
31944965332_1b6ce5aa3a_c.jpg%22%20width=%22450%22%20height=%22800%22%20alt=%22P1000451

If anyone has any spares please help.

I don't have any spare parts, but I do have the manual with parts breakdown for my LZ330.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Ok, so I have had a number of gears remade, namely the two small gears and a larger one they engage.
This power feed pinion shown above will be metal sprayed and ground to size.
All these shafts are very soft and not hardened in any way, their shafts neither. The loads must be very small

Apron information please

Hello Nick, did you end up getting the manual for the apron for the Weiler?
If so, could I get a copy from you as I have a few broken parts in my LZ330 apron and I am desperate to find the correct information for disassembly/reassembly.
Cheers
Maus20
Australia :)

Hello Nick, did you end up getting the manual for the apron for the Weiler?
If so, could I get a copy from you as I have a few broken parts in my LZ330 apron and I am desperate to find the correct information for disassembly/reassembly.
Cheers
Maus20
Australia :)

I PDF'd the manual for my LZ330. I'll email it to you if you'd like.

Back