what looks a marvellous japanese manual toolroom lathe - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by trevj View Post
    Yeah. Or the stuff will become commonplace enough that folks will no longer flinch when they see it.
    I HATE computers, I mean I am a hardcore metal fab, mechanical repair person. But I love how easy computers and electronics make my life. When my computer breaks it goes to someone who likes that stuff.

Country
    UNITED KINGDOM
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kustomizingkid View Post
    When my computer breaks it goes to someone who likes that stuff.
    But your computer isn't hooked to your mill or lathe. Sure, for production machines where they have a limited lifespan and cost enough that the builder will keep parts for a few years (except Haas, apparently ) it's a requirement. But for a manual machine ?

Screw that crap. I would never buy a $15,000 manual machine tool that will be useless and broken in ten years.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    California
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Finally received a reply.

Much appreciate your inquiry for our VERSEC product. Unfortunately, however, the “VERSEC-neo” is for domestic sales only in Japan.

The launch schedule of the product for customers abroad is not yet decided. When we are ready to launch the product for customers abroad, we are sure to announce it in JIMTOF (Japan International Machine Tool Fair), MECT (Mechatronics Technology JAPAN), or our website.

If you need further information or have any questions about our products, please kindly contact us accordingly.

With best regards,

SAIDA・UMS

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

4. Likes sfriedberg, JHOLLAND1 liked this post
    Country
    SPAIN
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by sfriedberg View Post
    Google translate says X and Y feeds have separate servo motors with menu selected feeds (and threads for X feed).

That machine has a few things I'd have to think twice about, like an A1-5 nose and a 1.6" spindle bore, but it's got at least one feature I wanted but could not find on a new 16X30 or 16X40 machine ten years ago, and that's the T-slotted rear of the cross-slide, for mounting rear cutoff, skive and forming tools.
    The fact that it has a processor and servos, it just needs a prototrak control and you'd be away! I'd never by a machine again that didn't at least have autocycles of some sort. Too painful as time = money nowadays.

Ref the 1630 - XYZ in the UK sell their prototrak with a 2" bore and the long x slide for rear posts. I'm not sure if it's the same machine in the states (probably not)

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

For some reason I have a photo of that lathe from Instagram I think.

If you go to OKK's website and select Japan they bring up another option I belive is new Manual milling machines not open on the english site.

Takisawa has an agent in Australia but our market is to saturated with low quality chinese machines

Edit: They do have an Instagram account Versec_lathe

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by CalG View Post
    Is it electronic lead screw? Or just a menu selected threading gear mechanism?
    Being a user of the Monarch ee, that was the first thing I thought of. Looking at the 2nd video showing threading, I could not see a lead screw, but has high speed threading, the operator seemed to be manipulating it well.
    The electronics part of this manual lathe would always be a concern over time. I think a new Monarch Inch/Metric 10ee would spank this machine.....at least in ease of use, and another useful 1000rpms on the top end.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by donie View Post
    Being a user of the Monarch ee, that was the first thing I thought of. Looking at the 2nd video showing threading, I could not see a lead screw, but has high speed threading, the operator seemed to be manipulating it well.
    The electronics part of this manual lathe would always be a concern over time. I think a new Monarch Inch/Metric 10ee would spank this machine.....at least in ease of use, and another useful 1000rpms on the top end.
    If Monarch was still making an inch/metric 10EE, my guess is it would sell for well over a hundred grand. But they arent. And havent for what- 20 years?
    No doubt a NEW Monarch would spank this lathe, but at 4 or 5 times the money.
    Kinda like a Ferrari spanks a Honda Civic.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Monarch still offers new lathes at around 150k all options. However, from what I understand they re-use later style circulating headstock castings.
    This new Japanese lathe would likely top 100k.
    My experience with Japanese machine tools has been very good, I cant compare to the cheaper cars they make.

some confusion on prices is easily explained by money losing value, otherwise, things cost the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is a thread from 5 years ago reporting on new 10EE's being assembled at Monarch Lathes: Saw a few new EE models being built

If you go to the Monarch Lathes website you'll see they show these available with 30" center distance as well as 20" center distance.

And here's an earlier report on Monarch Lathes having NEW 30" center distance beds cast:30-inch 10EE for sale in Albuquerque (not mine, just saw it on CL.)

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was curious but their web site is hard to navigate.
    Here is a picture I pulled off their twitter feed.

cx2hfv3ukaamvtn.jpg

12. Likes JHOLLAND1 liked this post