What's new
What's new

What would be the best IT certification to get now for 2020?

Channeling my inner Digger Doug and anticipating a follow up link . . .

Given the advance of social media, I'd think the Facebook Universal Coding Knowledge certification would be best, especially if one subsequently adds the Overseas Fudge Factor extensions.

Wait a minute Pete that first letter thing on the wall would be.....(gasp)...Oh my.

2020 and want a cert? COBOL and FORTRAN but FORTH is good,,, no Forth is great.
C and then all those net framework things suck.
Bob
, ......adding to the downhill run of such a question.

Colour me old fashioned (but not ancient. No COBOL or FORTRAN here)

I thought HP Rocky Mountain BASIC was brilliant.
Pascal/Modula/HP Modcal were structured and fast. when tweaking sub mS data logging code,
K&R C was nice to confuse the boss and run rings around the FORTRAN programmers with. :D

And then we got taken by the dark side and wrote a 20,000 line Bourne shell script. :eek:

Colour me old fashioned (but not ancient. No COBOL or FORTRAN here)

I thought HP Rocky Mountain BASIC was brilliant.

One had to do that. Real programmers do it in Hex (have the tee shirt) :)..:dopeslap:...:codger:

Gonna go in and what certs now if you where chasing the IT world as a career?
Not a machinist forum question but we have some here in this world.
Bob

What would be the best IT certification to get now for 2020?

IT is becoming a very huge sector now. According to a survey conducted in the US in 2018, the number of employed IT individuals was almost around 2.8 million. To stand out of the crowd you have to opt for other IT certification courses and go through these certifications besides having an IT degree. The right IT certs are hard to choose due to the fact that it is the integration of so many sub fields that makes it difficult to choose the specific one. If you have already selected your field of interests in IT, then the next is to find perfect platform whose certifications can promise you a good future.
Like, if you are a cloud computing professional then which platform you choose? It will be AWS (Amazon web services) or GCP (Google cloud platform), both have their own certification procedures and to pick one you have to consider changing trends in IT sector. Spoto can guide you about best IT certs and niche with latest advancements and market trends. Spoto can also provide you expert guide and hundreds of practice questions which can be helpful to you in taking IT certification exam.

Channeling my inner Digger Doug and anticipating a follow up link . . .

Given the advance of social media, I'd think the Facebook Universal Coding Knowledge certification would be best, especially if one subsequently adds the Overseas Fudge Factor extensions.

Wisest post you have made in at least four years.

Shall we expect you to return to "normalcy" when Beijing Joe is sworn in?

:D

To the OP:

Canadian citizenship for starters...

Wait a minute Pete that first letter thing on the wall would be.....(gasp)...Oh my.

2020 and want a cert? COBOL and FORTRAN but FORTH is good,,, no Forth is great.
C and then all those net framework things suck.
Bob
, ......adding to the downhill run of such a question.

"forth" lower-case, please.

:D

And I never DID understand all the fuss about any "shortage" of COBOL programmers?

COBOL is about as close to plain-English "self documenting" as 'puta-languages ever GET.

Yah can learn it in about an hour, be GOOD at it in a week, make all OTHER languages less hassle to work with and more easily maintainable by others if you but keep the concept of "Divisions" in mind at least for annotations.

And f**k "Hex"!

"Octal" rules!

Unless yer working with 5-level Baudot or 6-bit Fieldata? BTDTGGTS.

Proud Member, Hong Kong's notorious joint chapters:

Computer Users of New Technology

Future Users of Computer Knowledge - Information Technology

Back