What's new
What's new

4130 Inventory

jasonball

Plastic
Seems like 4130 tubing inventory is becoming harder and harder to get. Mill runs have extended lead times and any local inventory is 3-4 times the normal cost if even available. Thank you Covid. Any shops out there that have an excess inventory of 4130 Cond N .750 x .035/.049 and .875 x .083 they are willing to part with or any recommendations of suppliers with good inventory in the southern California area?

Seems like 4130 tubing inventory is becoming harder and harder to get. Mill runs have extended lead times and any local inventory is 3-4 times the normal cost if even available. Thank you Covid. Any shops out there that have an excess inventory of 4130 Cond N .750 x .035/.049 and .875 x .083 they are willing to part with or any recommendations of suppliers with good inventory in the southern California area?

Not so Cal. but you might try AED in Indianapolis or Tube techniques in Columbus Ohio, they may be able to have it drop shipped to you.

I'm not a huge buyer of 4130 and can't comment on the prices, but have you tried Aircraft Spruce?

4130 ALLOY STEEL ROUND SEAMLESS | Aircraft Spruce

Their pricing is typically high, but they stock good quality (American/German) material. Unlike a lot of other suppliers that have taken to stocking Chinese "4130". If I need a few feet of something they're usually the first place I look. Aircraft Spruce has a warehouse in southern California, so the OP might be able to pick up from them.

There was a place I think was north of the Industrial Metal Supply location in Riverside and south of I-10 that had DOM tubing in various steels. I cannot for the life of me remember the name as I bought from them one time a dozen years ago. I think I found them in the phone book of all places.

Wicks Aircraft has some better pricing than spruce on 4130, also good quality stuff. They will drop ship on large orders and you can get a better price than list by calling on the phone.

TW Metals website shows some stock of .75" x .049" (1300 ft in 2 locations). I'd also check with EMJ for those quantities.

Back