What's new
What's new

5 axis time needed ASAP

Quadjay

Plastic
We have an urgent project that we need to run on a 5th axis mill. Do you have a machine with open time that we can rent and send a machinist to run? I will provide proof of liability insurance information as well.

[email protected]

I do not have an available 5 axis, but is this a real thing? Sending your employee to run some other shops machine? Wouldn't you just job it out until you get the capability?

I do not have an available 5 axis, but is this a real thing? Sending your employee to run some other shops machine? Wouldn't you just job it out until you get the capability?

i cant think of anyone that would be ok with someone random walking into their shop and use their equipment...

"Sorry our guy destroyed your $2M machine, we'll turn it into our insurance company and I'm sure they'll make you whole again in 6-9 months"

I think the best you could do would be to get an agreement with a shop which has the right machine, and have them run it with your employee there to "oversee" the process if it's so specialized.

I can't see anyone doing what you propose unless, as EG points out, the money is crazy high.

We have an urgent project that we need to run on a 5th axis mill. Do you have a machine with open time that we can rent and send a machinist to run? I will provide proof of liability insurance information as well.

[email protected]

If you want someone to job it out to, you should be more specific. 3+2 or full five? Work envelope needed? Material, tolerances etc.

We’re in Missouri have 2 5 axis machines what kind of parts are you working on
Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

[email protected]

And who's going to do the programming? Who's going to do the set up? I wouldn't let you use my Bridgeport.

Are you to cheap to send out prints/geometry and get it quoted the conventional way?

[email protected]

Nobody works this way……..even if you put down a deposit the same price as a new machine……….sub it out like any other machine shop/manufacturer would. Sheesh🙄

It's a strange request that is unlikely to be taken but I can understand wanting to send their own machinist.

I do projects I wouldn't trust sending out to anyone else.

Good luck OP in finding a solution.

Then they've got AS doing their website. Your site is your face to the world. I wouldn't let those morons reroof my doghouse.

Good grief. EG, you aint the final word on everything. Your companies work should speak for itself. No need top attack everybody that doesn't think the way you do. We got Big B for that... you are late to the party.

Back