What's new
What's new

Accounting software and Shop systems

HCFGears1981

Plastic
Looking at updating what we are currently using for job trackers and accounting. Have gotten some info on E2 shop system, but struggle to see a need for all the "capablity" it has. Was just curious what everyone was using. Up to this point we have been using some home grown methods, but doesn't always feel very accurate. Any feedback or help is welcome. Thanks in advance.

I am using solar accounts for my small company and it is best. I give me all details of parties include debit and credit and it has all necessary functions which a accounting system must have...

You will find a lot of Quickbooks users here for accounting. We have been using it for years I think it's the best value for small business. I also had a custom database written in Microsoft Access to do job costing. I wrote a very detailed flow chart and worked with a professor who taught database programming (who wrote code on the side) to get exactly what I wanted. I chose not to integrate accounting to the database as upgrades to either would always be a problem. Not perfect (some double entry required) but it works well for me. Ten man shop with 25 - 30 jobs work in in process at a time.

I'd stay away from E2 were I you. We purchased it 2 years ago and have yet to use it. Crappy graphics & interfaces. Something over $10,000 down the tubes.

We actually bought E2 two years ago as well, only we're pretty happy with it! It was a big step up for us over Jobboss IMO. Why haven't you used it? It takes some learning, but it works well.

Quit cross posting across the forums.

He (she?) has been banned, and while I am able to delete a cpl of their posts on my boards, I cannot doo a blanket delete. I have notified Don about it, and maybe he will doo a blanket delete, but either way - I have them shut down.

Please - no more e-mails about it....

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Quick-JobShop and Quickbooks

We are currently using Quickbooks for our accounting, and using Quick-Jobshop for shop management. The 2 are in sync with eachother so changes in one get changed in the other. It works out very well for us and the developers at Quick-Jobshop are constantly adding features to their software which is nice.

Back