Login to Your Account
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by robvds View Post
    Well, I was promised a tracking number before the 17th and it has not happened, I hope I will not regret this adventure.
    You won't get cheated, it just may take a while. Considering there's 75,000 people who have caught this thing and 2,000 dead, people are doing the best they can. Local deliveries are moving again (at least to the sidewalk in front of the building, kinda funny), so whatever the hangup is, it'll be in the international air transport part.

2. Likes robvds liked this post
    Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You might check again, robvds. Things are loosening up a bit, at least outside Hubei. More people on the street, stores opening back up, big piles of packages in front of most buildings. Local shipping is somewhat back to normal, I got a box in two days from Shenzhen.

But a funny thing .... the first Costco in China opened up a month or so ago, about an hour south of downtown Shanghai. They got to mostly stay open because they sell food. Masks, temp checks and ID or passport numbers to get in but that was everywhere ...

The other day they had to make a new rule - only one thousand people allowed in the store at one time People are kind of bored with being stuck at home ....

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

E.G., is your sense that the medical situation is actually improving, or that there simply was no way to keep people and businesses locked-down for any longer (and damn the risks)?

Whatever, I hope you're staying healthy and safe.

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    E.G., is your sense that the medical situation is actually improving, or that there simply was no way to keep people and businesses locked-down for any longer (and damn the risks)?
    They could keep the place locked down for months if they had to - in general, people don't want to die I haven't heard one murmur from anyone over this. In fact, I wasn't wearing a mask because they do no good but the neighbors almost lynched me, so now I do

This isn't that dangerous but something about "there's no medicine for it" has people freaked. No problem to keep them home.

If you look at the numbers, cases are way down. The incubation period from when they slammed the doors is about over and numbers of new cases, even in hubei, is way way down. Like, one or two a week in most places.

One weird thing is, in Shanghai exactly one-third of the cases were foreigners. Nowhere else was like that. Strange.

I just thought it was hilarious that they had to put up counting turnstiles at Costco, only a thousand at a time ... what would a Costco in say, Omaha think about that ? They had to quit serving food because they couldn't make enough

Whatever, I hope you're staying healthy and safe.
    Ha ! Hi, I'm Brad Majors, and this is my fiancee Janet Weiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the update. Last night there was finally a new entry on the tracking number and DHL admits to having the shipment. It says''Departed Facility in SOUTH CHINA AREA - CHINA MAINLAND'' and shows ETA of Tuesday March 3. They have had it since Sunday 16th. Does this mean it has left China? Express was supposed to be 3-5 days, is there a good chance it will arrive in less than 8 days?
    Rob

Country
    PHILIPPINES
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Seems they are getting back on track and letting things out now. I'm starting to receive packages almost daily so its a good sign. The Shipping out of China is DHL then handed off to LEX then handed off to Air-21 (Fed-Ex) then to independant carrier. I can't figure out how Chinese can ship a $6 order internationally and still make money.....

screen-shot-2020-02-24-11.23.48-pm.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by EmanuelGoldstein View Post
    Ha ! Hi, I'm Brad Majors, and this is my fiancee Janet Weiss
    Do not, no how, post pictures of you and the missus to be in fishnet stockings...

Country
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Milland View Post
    Do not, no how, post pictures of you and the missus to be in fishnet stockings...
    No fear, I imagine even Susan Sarandon is past her "best-use-by" date

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Relief here, my radiator arrived Friday, so 4 days after first movement shown on tracking. It is the correct model and seems nicely made. I did have to pay 76$ at the door on top off the 251$ freight I had already paid. Because I prepaid the shipping I also had to pay tax and duty on the shipping, so three times more than if it had been just the goods. To people who pay shipping on their own account would the declared value be net on the merchandise? When I drive down to the states to collect my goods I have had shipped there I do not generally pay tax on the shipping because I am not importing the shipping. When I ship goods for sale in Canada I do have to charge sales tax on the shipping.
    Rob