What's new
What's new

Aluminum extrusion supplier?

Trboatworks

Diamond
I am looking for a supplier with a decent selection, pricing and fast delivery on stocked items.

Who to call for mid Atlantic?

Thanks

What kind of profiles are you looking for?

Misumi stocks a bunch of standard profiles for doing frames and motion control type stuff.

If you're looking for boat specific shapes like toerails and tracks, it's gonna come from someone who specializes in marine.

As it turns out Eastern is meeting my needs.
They have a deep sort of coastal/marine aspect to their catalogue.
Dock building extrusions, boat flybridge stuff etc
They don’t have any of the really specific boat stuff- toerail, genny/main track etc.
I’d like to know who catalogs this stuff.
Harkin and the like have their system components and it may be these profiles are just run on order for these outfits.

By the time you are in a boat gear catalogue prices are pretty high.

I tried one request for a quote- got essentially retail pricing....

I do go through phases with them. There was about a year they were always high, and never won a quote, and then there have been times they've won every order over a 6 month period. Eastern is playing high guy right now. I've had a small credit on my account with them since the summer that I haven't been able to use because they are coming in 20-30% high over Pierce and Phoenix.

I always wondered how those extrusions dies were "owned". I see places selling "standard" extrusions.

I ran into this in the forging industry. Had a part a customer wanted made that was a modified "standard" forging. Found several companies with the forging dies listed in their standards. But when I inquired, the response was always, those are not available to the public.

WTF

Why list it on a public list of available forging tooling?!

I always wondered how those extrusions dies were "owned". I see places selling "standard" extrusions.

I ran into this in the forging industry. Had a part a customer wanted made that was a modified "standard" forging. Found several companies with the forging dies listed in their standards. But when I inquired, the response was always, those are not available to the public.

WTF

Why list it on a public list of available forging tooling?!

A guess: they want to show their capabilities and aren't shy about it, never mind the important details. Sheesh. Modern sales and salesmen.

My usual comeback: " No problem, I'm not public", just to get a sense of them. The full range of human reactions follows. The ones with a sense of humor are worth doing business with.

A guess: they want to show their capabilities and aren't shy about it, never mind the important details. Sheesh. Modern sales and salesmen.

My usual comeback: " No problem, I'm not public", just to get a sense of them. The full range of human reactions follows. The ones with a sense of humor are worth doing business with.

I like that :D I'm not quick witted, never crossed my mind to make a joke like that.

I've had a small credit on my account with them since the summer that I haven't been able to use because they are coming in 20-30% high over Pierce and Phoenix.

I finally today got a quote from Eastern that's competitive with Pierce and Phoenix, so I can use up my credit from last July.

One thing I did notice, is that even though the total quoted price varied by only $12 (on an $1800 order), my line item pricing for the extrusion portion was way better from EMS, and the sheet portion was better from Pierce. I predominantly order sheet (most of my extrusion use is my own shapes, straight from the mill), so that may be why I do better with Pierce than those of you mostly buying longs.

Back