Am i being ridiculous? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    If you want to make that kind of money without responsibility or having to do an honest days work move south to California and get a lower level job working for the state. I used to live there and knew a good amount of state employees, my own father was one. All of them bragged about how little work they had to do while complaining about how inept their co workers were.
    And their all retired on decent pensions and healthcare.

If I had been in the Anaheim parks dept along with some friends I would be comfortably retired by now, oh well

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    If you want to make that kind of money without responsibility or having to do an honest days work move south to California and get a lower level job working for the state. I used to live there and knew a good amount of state employees, my own father was one. All of them bragged about how little work they had to do while complaining about how inept their co workers were.
    Quote Originally Posted by WA-CNC View Post
    And their all retired on decent pensions and healthcare.

If I had been in the Anaheim parks dept along with some friends I would be comfortably retired by now, oh well
    That is a city job, some are as good as state jobs some aren't. My mom actually worked for the city of Anaheim for the planning commission. She never discussed her pay. As for comfortably retired a lot of state employees game the system and get full medical retirements with as little as 10 years service. Caltrans, Highway Patrol, and State Mental Hospital employees have been pulling that crap for decades.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

QT: [All of them bragged about how little work they had to do while complaining about how inept their co workers were.]
    Same with a few guys at the auto shops...Most guys were talented and worked hard..But the few slouches with big mouths gave the the big shops a bad name...

Some slouches would sit in the s..t house all day..The bosses and those who cared about the shop were glad they did that because on the floor they might break or scrap more that they fixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    QT: [All of them bragged about how little work they had to do while complaining about how inept their co workers were.]
    Same with a few guys at the auto shops...Most guys were talented and worked hard..But the few slouches with big mouths gave the the big shops a bad name...

Some slouches would sit in the s..t house all day..The bosses and those who cared about the shop were glad they did that because on the floor they might break or scrap more that they fixed.
    The job the OP was complaining about sounded like my last one working for the man. I guess I am opposite of him, I always like to stay busy, it made the time go by fast. Some guys work hard trying to avoid work and doing as little as possible, those kind usually don't amount to much.

5. Likes mllud22 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

A fellow who was a supervisor on the stealth bomber told about a supposed electrical engineer who did nothing at all, just read newspapers all day. The problem was that his time was billable so he couldn't be fired. No wonder the bombers cost so much. The stereotype is New Yorkers always inpatient and in a hurry and Californians laid back, Midwesterners sort of casual. When McDonnell and Douglas merged, Mac workers came back appalled. When the surf was up, they couldn't get anything done. We may not be frantic New Yorkers, but there is a very definite "Get it done" attitude here.

Bill

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wyoming
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Awwww. Posting on the Shop Owners forum that his feelz r hurt cuz at $34 an hour he doesn't make enough. He oughta agitate for a strike.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldwrench View Post
    Awwww. Posting on the Shop Owners forum that his feelz r hurt cuz at $34 an hour he doesn't make enough. He oughta agitate for a strike.
    Nothing like being the owner, breaking your ass to get something out, knowing you are losing $$ because you missed something on the quote.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I was going to call in sick Friday, but no one answered the phone.

10. Likes camscan liked this post