What's new
What's new

Any Google Voice or Dialpad Users out there - recommendations appreciated

DPM

Aluminum
I've been researching simple phone setups that would give me the ability to have an auto attendant and dial by name directory. Currently using landline with basic answering machine and doing the whole call screening thing.

So far Google Voice and Dialpad seem like good options and was hoping that some of you can share your experiences with these services or something similar. Pro's, cons, cost etc..

I'm looking for the ability to limit spam calls and have a dial by name directory so that my customers can directly reach me or my office manager and forward/route to our cell phones and the rest can go to voicemail.

We have DSL internet that is pretty slow and unreliable with no other options for better service. But our cell phones get great phone and internet reception in the shop without the use of Wifi.

Looking to keep it under $500.00 per year.

No special functions, but I’ve been using the free version of Google Voice on the incoming line to my cell for about the last decade. The spam filter is excellent. Every now and then one will get through, but it’s far less than what comes directly to my cell. Off hand I don’t remember any valid calls getting filtered out either, and I do check.
I’m not familiar with their commercial services.

Back