What's new
What's new

Anybody going to IMTS ?

Lots of views, no one saying anything. LOL. Heck yes I'll be at IMTS. Sunday through Wednesday. I'll be all over the floor but you might catch me at our booth #236748 TigerStop LLC.

Edit; this is by no means a plug of any kind. Just putting out my location when I'm not on the floor scouring for new ideas and new machines.

was going to go... waited till last minute and airfare and hotel went through the roof....
learned my lesson for this one. will plan better for 2020

Just got to town, at Buddy Guy's Legends at the moment! I'll be here till Thursday, message me on facebook (Parker Bender, or AADPerformance), or pm me on here and I'll give you my cell!

I was there today. Nothing really piqued my interest yet. I'll be in the West hall tomorrow. The little woman and two oldest are checking out the student summit.

It has just become too expensive to go. We used to send 8-12 Engineers or so every show. Now it is just so expensive that even our very large corporation says no. We go to the regional shows (SouthTech and the like) because they are a much more cost reasonable solution.

I was going to be there yesterday and today originally, as I need to see a bunch of stuff and talk to several MTBs, but the need to make chips won and now I think I'll be there Friday. If anyone can snap a picture of the MX-520 PC4 in the Matsuura booth with our "sold to" sign hanging off it, it'd be pretty cool, just in case I don't get down there.

Been here since Tuesday and wrapping up tomorrow about noon. 2.5 days is what I need to go over everything to "keep up" on the latest technology. I work with companies that want to "up their game" so staying on top of things is my game. Going to spend some time talking to ERP companies but have a feeling I'll still be on the disappointed side. These guys just don't understand information flow and tell everyone that "we can do anything and everything" (which I consider dishonest at best). Cobots still look more "toy like" that real tools. 3D printing is more "established" with the only two big booths are HP and another (I think it was GE?). A few other booths but two years ago it was "the thing". The IOT is starting to get into some interesting stuff like basically turning a worker into something that can be almost "controlled". Saw something meant to be a scanner on a wrist that could be used to tell how many times a worker put a part on, stuff like that (that I don't necessarily endorse).

Similar to last time, the two noticeable countries that are touting their capabilities are China and Germany. Some of these are well-attended and others have guys basically sleeping in them (like the ones from China selling diamond abrasive dust).

Overall, this is a work-cation for me, love to attend and see what's new. Found viable integrators, equipment and components for various projects I'm working on. Still lots of stuff that shouldn't exist. WIP should go so fast that you don't need special software to track it! Okay, that's my belief anyways.

The Dude

If anyone can snap a picture of the MX-520 PC4 in the Matsuura booth with our "sold to" sign hanging off it, it'd be pretty cool, just in case I don't get down there.

Here you go:

e75f42b1692b351bf2ca1a16981d9a6d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was there Monday only (first day).... meant to spend half day Tuesday as well, but got nervous about possible flight cancellation and not being able to get back on the island due to hurricane, we flew back early. Naturally the mandatory evacuation was cancelled for our county, and the flight was not cancelled so came back early for nothing :dopeslap:

Still, saw pretty much who and what I needed to see on Monday so was worth it even for one day.

Don,
You mentioned a little German machine in another thread, a Knuzmann. They had one downstairs at the student summit and where teaching programming and setup. Slick little rig. The German guy at the booth was quite proud of it. I gave him my best attempt at speaking German......................

My daughter and son really enjoyed the student summit. We met a lot of really great folks that are passionate about getting kids into manufacturing and engineering. They both found out there is a really big industrial world out there and not just Dad's little shop. The gears are a turning in their heads.

Hardinge had their new VMC on display, the V1320(?). Dual ball screws on Y and the chips empty between them and out the back. Nice looking machine, but takes up a lot of aceage with the chip conveyor out the back.

Someone had a CNC toolroom horizontal mill on display and for the life of me I can't recall who.........:scratchchin:......It was middle back in the south hall.............Cavalier, Kent, or someone else? Not some unknown Chicom brand(But I'm sure it is made in China). It was a maroon and off white colored machine. I saw it down an aisle and meant to look at it on my way back to the front of the hall. I completely forgot about it. It was the size of a Bridgeport or maybe a little larger. No sheet metal or tool changer. It might have had a B axis???? Cute little thing but I wouldn't have any use for it.....................

Back