Anyone ever deal with Parts Plus? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

IMHO, this sounds a bit like a "work at home" scheme - you pay money for their package, and maybe more for priority listing, etc.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Jim's info

Quote Originally Posted by aemachine View Post
    Does anyone still deal with Jim? I need to contact him.
    [email protected]

Now known as:
    JFC Company
    10841 NOEL #104
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720
    714-828-0114

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Sorry to revive an old thread, but Jim at JFC contacted me this week. I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with JFC?

I don't really need any more work right now, but I'm always looking to diversify to other industries.

I will probably go with my gut and pass on this, but I am a little curious.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

He calls us about every 2 years or so, I guess to see if I'm hungry. Nothing he sent me was ever very interesting so I've never done business with him. Most have been jobs that needed a variaxis to do without lots of setups and only for 40 or 50 parts, usually with real tight tolerances on odd features. When I say no on those parts I never get further interest from him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

If that is the Parts Plus guy he wants to charge you $2500 for what you can do yourself for free if you want to spend a few hours here and there signing up for DOD work. He has no more inside track to government contracting work than the guy selling hotdogs at a ball game. I found him to be a condescending lying jerk when I told him why I didn't need his services. He still called me every month for a couple years after I told him to pound sand. I never answered the phone after the first time, but he still left voice mails. He obviously did not keep good records of his previous sales calls or he would have never kept calling me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    If that is the Parts Plus guy he wants to charge you $2500 for what you can do yourself for free if you want to spend a few hours here and there signing up for DOD work. He has no more inside track to government contracting work than the guy selling hotdogs at a ball game. I found him to be a condescending lying jerk when I told him why I didn't need his services. He still called me every month for a couple years after I told him to pound sand. I never answered the phone after the first time, but he still left voice mails. He obviously did not keep good records of his previous sales calls or he would have never kept calling me.
    I don't know if it's the same guy, but the yearly fee was around $1300. (There were other fees to help with getting set up with the various government sites, but those were one time fees and didn't appear to be required if you handled that yourself.) From what I understand, for the fee they handle most of the paperwork, and would handle additional processes (coatings, marking, packaging etc.) for what appeared to be a reasonable fee.

It still looks like it's more involved (in paperwork/busywork) than my typical work, and I have plenty of that right now, so I think I will pass on it for now.

Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Has anyone here actually done business with Jim of JFC Company?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I googled and found this thread about 6 months ago, likely for the same reason that you did.
    Other than that - I have nothing to add as I did not pursue.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ThePrecisionist View Post
    Has anyone here actually done business with Jim of JFC Company?
    Just read the responses in this thread. The guy used to call himself Parts Plus, by checking that website it is the same guy. There are also plenty of threads in here about what is involved in the DOD work that is mentioned. Use the search function. I should know, I posted in them and did the same type DOD work that JFC is charging people to help get. It isn't worth the effort and definitely isn't worth paying someone to help you sign up for it. Unless you can do something most people can't like making drive shafts for air craft carriers you will be working for low hourly rates and spending ridiculous amounts of time with paperwork and packaging requirements.

10. Likes Bobw liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES MINOR OUTLYING ISLANDS
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Just read the responses in this thread. The guy used to call himself Parts Plus, by checking that website it is the same guy. There are also plenty of threads in here about what is involved in the DOD work that is mentioned. Use the search function. I should know, I posted in them and did the same type DOD work that JFC is charging people to help get. It isn't worth the effort and definitely isn't worth paying someone to help you sign up for it. Unless you can do something most people can't like making drive shafts for air craft carriers you will be working for low hourly rates and spending ridiculous amounts of time with paperwork and packaging requirements.
    I geddit.
    But I was wondering if anyone had actually done business with him? I find it strange that someone calls around and tries to scam a machine shop into doing business with them. I guess it's just another crazy aspect of this business that other professionals don't have to deal with. The whole "Pay me first before you receive work" thing is what turned me off. Ala, MFG Quote. And we all know how that story goes!

If you have ever had a conversation with this man, he is very believable.