Anyone getting busier right now? - Page 9
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    Full steam ahead here.........................I expect it to drop off though................off road racing stuff will prolly take a dip for a while.........but who knows? High end gun market..........same as always, steady.

I gotta chew through this with more layin outside in the next week or two or three......................................

Attachment 283876

img_0618.jpg

Every 3-5 weeks...........................Keeps comin' in one door 'n out the other. More layin' outside and more arriving in a week or so. Just got done chewin' through 'bout 6k lbs of stainless. Fall is pretty much booked too..........customers are wanting year end rush early........................I'm tired. ....................... I'm going somewhere warm and tropical for a month this winter..............................

2. Likes DanASM, Ox, SND, jancollc liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm going somewhere warm and tropical for a month this winter..............................
    Don't come to AZ! I'll put ya to werk!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I said warm and tropical..............not warm and dusty....................

5. Likes wheelieking71 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I said warm and tropical..............not warm and dusty....................
    Don't come to Florida, we're full!

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post

Newlyweds, half-deads, and can't-gets................

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post
    Ok............let me rephrase that..........................warm, tropical, and no crazy people...........................

9. Likes motion guru liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ok............let me rephrase that..........................warm, tropical, and no crazy people...........................
    So what planet did you have in mind?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'll be staying home where its climate controlled and not Covidly.

12. Likes lucky7, bryan_machine liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

...... I'm going somewhere warm and tropical for a month this winter..............................
    So is most of America, what with the election coming.

"Social distancing" should keep it uncrowded, though.

I mean.. AFAIK, you can only get ONE head up the average ass at a time?

14. Likes BLAZINGFIEND420 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post
    I mean.. AFAIK, you can only get ONE head up the average ass at a time?

I think some in charge could get two up there.................are masks still required then?

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I think some in charge could get two up there.................are masks still required then?
    The HUTA's can prolly get away with whatever they find.

Whom do we know as would want to have the job of "compliance officer"!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by thermite View Post

Whom do we know as would want to have the job of "compliance officer"!

There would be plenty o volunteers amongst their ilk...............................

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There would be plenty o volunteers amongst their ilk...............................
    ROFLMAO!

And "space" of course!

Just remembered the old joke about the guy whose GF sneezed whilst they were getting it on... suddenly he's inhaled. Finds himself inside a dark, warm, and moist "cavern".

Strikes a match and bumps into another guy wandering about.

"Which direction should we walk to get TF OUT of here?"

"Not a problem! Now that you are here with a bit of light, just help me find the car keys, and we can DRIVE out!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    I'm not one to spend much time following politics, but I'm pretty sure the right has done more to ship jobs overseas than the left.

The left (at least around here) is very much into protectionism. (unions)

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

And so it just happens that "this date in 1975" was a big day for Organization....

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history?cmpid=email-hist-tdih-2020-0731-07312020&om_rid=f5293ae8cf92b431c99dc49d2de822b3f6 53000f0e24b4677497b848bd04ce

-------------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I posted in the beginning of April I was booked till end of June. 6 day schedule. The orders increased again in May on the same parts (covid-testing related).

I finally wrapped up that backlog today, and the last 2 pallets of parts will go out on Monday.

It's been a marathon but I didn't run out of rivnuts, lol.

Orders have slowed way down though- most of my work is non-covid medical, and that work is still frozen solid.

I have new orders to fill out August, and one large order that I know is there, but it hasn't been released yet. That should be released this month, and consume most of my September schedule.

So hanging tough, but my order book would normally be out 3 months, and it's only out 1 as of today.

Gonna leave the truck at the shop again tonite, hope the crazies leave it alone. My shop is about 20 blocks from the insanity so I have only had a little graffiti so far- no damage to the building.

Hopping on the bike to head home. Tomorrow is a ride up in the mountains.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    Gonna leave the truck at the shop again tonite, hope the crazies leave it alone. My shop is about 20 blocks from the insanity so I have only had a little graffiti so far- no damage to the building.
    This s**t is still "alien" to me. Richmond has had some shit. A few other places in Virginia. Not much. Blue State, CERTIFIABLE F**kwit class, even. But still .. even congenital idiot and springloaded badass citizens are smarter than the Legislature and Governator.

Oregon's Governator and that fool mare DID have to import hirelings to raise enough of the serious-nasty-class ones to keep the shit-show going, yah?

They surely are f**king up Trump, ain't they?

Or maybe not so much?

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Thankfully, I've been busy. A few customers had some rather large orders that I wouldn't ordinarily expect. 95% of my customers are down hard. One of my best customers texted me this morning and told me that it's been 3 months since he's seen a single order and he's thinking about throwing in the towel. While I haven't seen any work from him in months, normally he's sending more than 50% of my work. I know I have several other main customers that are hurting bad financially. This is a disaster. Not entirely sure where my work is coming from if most of my customers go out of business. It's not looking too good.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Massachusetts
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jancollc View Post
    I posted in the beginning of April I was booked till end of June. 6 day schedule. The orders increased again in May on the same parts (covid-testing related).

I finally wrapped up that backlog today, and the last 2 pallets of parts will go out on Monday.

It's been a marathon but I didn't run out of rivnuts, lol.

Orders have slowed way down though- most of my work is non-covid medical, and that work is still frozen solid.

I have new orders to fill out August, and one large order that I know is there, but it hasn't been released yet. That should be released this month, and consume most of my September schedule.

So hanging tough, but my order book would normally be out 3 months, and it's only out 1 as of today.

Hopping on the bike to head home. Tomorrow is a ride up in the mountains.
    I used to spend my summers at MT. Hood when I was pursuing a career in Snowboarding 20 years ago. Portland was always weird. A nice city I would not want to live in due to the people.

15 min outside the city down highway 26 and its like where I live now. My boy moved out there and became a firefighter in Sandy. He climbed the ladder a little and got into emt stuff and now is finishing college to get into the hospitals. I dont think he will be living out there once he can chose any hospital in the country to work at.

I know he got a motorcycle and he he loved to ride in the area. Got rear ended by a dump truck at a stop light once. Got rid of that bike.

He lives in Gresham now and after 12 years out there he has had enough. We were out at Hood before they built it up and made it expensive. Hell we would camp or couch surf for free while hiking up to the terrain park for free just to get some turns in, in the middle of July. Good Times.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    New York
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hearing a lot of stories of very slow shops, our commercial stuff has tapered right off, mil stuff holding steady. Have to believe everything should take off if we can get open soon. A lot of things are out of stock Vehicles, Trailers, ATVs, etc and will have to be replaced if we get going soon enough to keep demand for it. I had to drive 3 hours to get a new dirtbike for the kid a few weeks ago.