What's new
What's new

Anyone use ACT! CRM (Customer Resource Management)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BRHMFG

Aluminum
Business we purchased last year included computers and software include this ACT! program. The office manager supposedly used it to enter all contacts and track phone calls etc. The computer it was on died so we haven't used it. Today I spent several hours getting it installed on our current computer using existing license.
The reason? Customer called that had called a year ago and after paging thru my notebook with no results I thot maybe Act was worth a try. Ended up spending WAY more time with support to get it installed.
Anyway it looks like it may be a good thing IF IF IF the data is actually entered. What I would mainly use it for would be every time a customer called i could enter their contact info and any notes about the call so NEXT time it would be there. You can also set it to remind you to follow up so you can hopefully annoy your customers every 6 weeks with a call.....
Anyone use it?
Is it worth it? Vs scribbling everything in the Jumbo Notebook? (Still will do that but hopefully enter it after the phone call)

used it many a years ago back then it was a good basic CRM tool and for cheap. that type of thing is heavily used for outside sales teams these days things like Salesforce, ect are being used something that is mobile on the road and remote logging in. no idea how much has changed as the version I was using would be ancient by now. stuff like this is like anything else if you actually follow through and use it it becomes a good tool for history....but you have to use it! many places say they are going to implement it and not everyone gets on board. boils down to its only as good as how much input you enter into the system. if you have it on your computer and it doesn't cost you anything why not step up to the paperless world and start logging your customer interaction and history into something to build upon? sounds like a no brainer to me but without knowing much more about your company hard to tell how much it would help.

I've been a fan for 25 years, built (sales) businesses around it. I;m currently using version 11, about 10 years old....like so much software the solved the major things ages ago and ran out great new ideas so new version become like a tax and wasted time installing etc. 11 works fine for me.

imo its the best stand alone mini CRM there is. If you need something networked or as a management tool for a sales force it probably stumbles, but as individual crm i've never found better and I've looked at a lot.

One thing I've found crucial is to get the program "companionlink" No its not a hook up site, its a tool that synchronizes data between Act, outlook and any phone. I use Act to drive the calendar and contacts in outlook and the phone. 1600 contacts with complete histories in the phone and on the desktop that I've been building since the mid 90's all with notes and histories. If I was evil it would be better than Hoovers files lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back