What's new
What's new

Anyone Used 9000 Store for ISO?

I'm not wanting to debate the benefits or problems with ISO 9001 here, but have this question. Has anyone used the ISO 9000 store and did most of it yourself? See link.

ISO 9001:2015 All in One Certification Package - 9000 Store

I realize that we would still need an auditor. Thank you

I bought the package (earlier revision) back in 2009. It has doubled in price since then but it has more to it. I don't remember it having online training. Also - I don't remember if it included a copy of the Standard but I don't see the Standard listed in the contents. That is another $200 or so if it isn't included.

I think the package serves an important purpose and it will get you where you are going. They have been around all these years because people are helped by them. If for no other reason than the inexpensive education, I recommend buying it.

That said (and ironically enough) I just posted on the subject of ISO (ISO 9001: 2015 and the CNC Machine Shop.

Specific to the package I'm suggesting you buy, it will touch all of the bases BUT it will lock you into a structure and style that may not be best suited for your company. In other words, you will most likely be adapting your CNC machine shop and all of its complexities to a $1000 documentation package. Some of the changes you will make to your company will be to your benefit. Others may come at a cost.

My strong suggestion if you buy the package is to use it as the clay rather than the mold. Instead, I'd recommend as I advise in the post. Translate both the Standard and the purchased doc package into your own language and adapt them to fit your company rather than the other way around.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
I bought the package (earlier revision) back in 2009. It has doubled in price since then but it has more to it. I don't remember it having online training. Also - I don't remember if it included a copy of the Standard but I don't see the Standard listed in the contents. That is another $200 or so if it isn't included.

I think the package serves an important purpose and it will get you where you are going. They have been around all these years because people are helped by them. If for no other reason than the inexpensive education, I recommend buying it.

That said (and ironically enough) I just posted on the subject of ISO (ISO 9001: 2015 and the CNC Machine Shop.

Specific to the package I'm suggesting you buy, it will touch all of the bases BUT it will lock you into a structure and style that may not be best suited for your company. In other words, you will most likely be adapting your CNC machine shop and all of its complexities to a $1000 documentation package. Some of the changes you will make to your company will be to your benefit. Others may come at a cost.

My strong suggestion if you buy the package is to use it as the clay rather than the mold. Instead, I'd recommend as I advise in the post. Translate both the Standard and the purchased doc package into your own language and adapt them to fit your company rather than the other way around.

Best of luck!

So after reading your article I'm not sure what you suggest? Hiring a consultant or going at it by ourselves?

So after reading your article I'm not sure what you suggest? Hiring a consultant or going at it by ourselves?

Do it yourself is my preference. If you decide to work with a consultant, make sure they approach it from the best way to join your company and the things that make it unique with the Standard rather than the best way to pass an audit.

Oxbridge has free stuff. Unless you really like to sit at a computer scratching you head hire a consultant.

Even if you do 90% of it yourself you should hire a consultant to fix it up nice before your audits. You can use something like linkein to find one. Poach a QA guy from a similar industry, offer him $500/day to line it all out.
Full time consultants in my area want $5-10k to set it all up, but that does not cover the cost of the auditor.

Hire a good consultant that can help you and teach you along the way.Super glad we use this place. Tell them Dennis From Creations Unlimited sent you

Business Management Systems Consulting

Thanks for that link. I am still an advocate for doing it yourself, but the link to Bretta Kelly's ISO 9001 article should be required reading for any shop interested in ISO certification, IMO. Here is the direct link: ISO 9001: It’s About the Records, Not the Documents. Very impressive.

Back