What's new
What's new

Bearing source

gear cutter

Cast Iron
I"m looking for a new vendor for all my bearing needs. I use all types of bearings rebuilding gearboxes. My current vendor let me down today. AGAIN. BIG TIME. I asked for a single needle roller bearing with seals, asked to have the bearing bearing shipped UPS RED for an emergency job. No bearing showed up today. Unhappy customer. The vendor didn't seem to care. So. Who do you use or don't use for bearings and why.

Call Dick at Tull Bearing in Minneapolis MN. I don't even think he's got a website. If he does it's minimul. He seems to survive just fine all these years without one, so that should tell you something. All the builders and re-builders around here know him . He also does seals and belts and you name it. Big on super precision bearings too. I've been buying stuff from him for nearly 2 decades. Never let me down. His number is (612)588-1185. He's the owner and I think he's got Curt and one other guy taking calls too. They'll get you anything. PS. I absolutley do not work for Dick. Just appreciate the help he's given.

I used Tull one time (not a big bearing user). They were the ones everyone said to go to here, so consider this backup on your recommendation.

I stock the most commen bearings I use
Really nice if you don`t have to wait for bearings
I buy them from a guy that sells surplus but only from well establisched brands like SKF ********* NTN FAFNIR NACHI About 20-30% of resale prices
And then the occasional he does not have in stock I order somewhere else

Peter

I have used motion industries and mcmaster if in a pinch but my first choice is bearing headquarters. Order bearings and the next morning the salesman delivers the bearings to my shop with a box of donuts.

I have used motion industries and mcmaster if in a pinch but my first choice is bearing headquarters. Order bearings and the next morning the salesman delivers the bearings to my shop with a box of donuts.

Why not order a box of donuts ? If that donut salesman delivers it with the bearings then :scratchchin:

Peter

Last edited:

I haven't had that great of service from them. And they have never sent a salesman with donuts. How many bearings do I have to buy to get donuts?

Back