What's new
What's new

Best Earbuds for Phone Calls in Shop?

munruh

Hot Rolled
I used to use a Blue Parrot headset in the shop and it worked fine. Now I've used Apple Airpods for a couple years and I love the features but I have problems sometimes with customers and others that call understanding me. They don't seem to cut out the background noise very well and people say I cut out. What are any of you using in the shop for Earbuds and phone calls?

I wear full earmuffs that have an audio cable plugged into them.
Phone is in front breast pocket. When a call comes in I hit answer and toss back into the pocket. I don't turn speaker on.
The Audio comes through the ************ well and no one has ever complained about the piston compressor or mill in the background.
Seems to work plus I have good hearing protection the whole time.

I play music the whole time I'm working through this and it drops the volume when a call comes through to alert me. Without this I miss a lot of calls!

I use these for many different activities. They have a jaw-bone mic, which is what you want to prevent outside noise from interfering. They have a case that you charge up the ear-bud with.

Jaybird Earbuds

I don't use them in the shop, but I have a pair of LG Tone+ earbuds that I wear on the motorcycle (no helmet) and I can hear music just fine, and I've answered calls and had people not realize I was riding a bike at 40+ mph.

These have been great, and they're inexpensive. I believe around 8 hours of play time - standby time is pehenominal. I listen to podcasts for maybe 2-3 hours a day, and can get around 3-days on these with a single charge.

Since they have a neck-band, you can pull the ear-buds from your ears and the whole rig just rests on your neck. Microphone is on the end of the neck band, and I've never had complaints about call-quality. Answer & hang-up from the buttons on the neck band - no need to even look at your phone. Volume up/down too. If listening to music - hold the volume-up key to skip forward to the next track.

While not advertised as hearing protection, I find that they do a good job of reducing shop back-ground noise even without music/audio playing. My guess, compared to a pair of soft-foam plugs PROPERLY inserted - earbuds such as these probably reduce noise by 10-15 dB. Not as much as soft-plugs properly inserted, but certainly better than listening to loud typical shop noises unprotected.

These will offer greater battery life than the mini air-pod style earbuds, and I find it super convenient to just pop them out, and let the whole rig hang, rather than individually remove & store the tinier air-pod style headphones.

Also, they charge with the very common micro-USB cables, so chances are you already have a charging cable nearby.

They are worth every penny and then some. No need to stick with this specific brand either. Just look for the similar style with the neck band.

https://www.target.com/p/skullcandy...s/-/A-78666653?preselect=76486369#lnk=sametab

I've got a set of Amoi F9's i've had for a year or so and if I have to replace them it will be with the same thing. Yeah their Chinese made but even the name brands are too.

I listen to 70's and 80's rock and metal cranked up and get 2-3 hours out of a charge. when they run dead just pop em in the case and 15 minutes later they are at 100%. They work great with Siri and voice commands, the volume is controlled by sliding a finger up the face of either ear, Tap to pause/mute, Double tap to go to next track. If not listening to music they go into noise cancelling mode (Works great when I fly). IPX7 so I wear in the pool or spa. If im using it for calls the other end can hear just fine.

The case must have a serious battery in it. I only charge it once a month and it charges my earbuds twice a day. The case is also a cell charger and has enough juice to charge my Iphone 7 Plus two or three times.

And only $11.00

Over here I order on Lazada but i'm sure they ship to USA also

AMOI F9 Demonstration - YouTube

captcha | lazadacom

I've got a set of Amoi F9's i've had for a year or so and if I have to replace them it will be with the same thing. Yeah their Chinese made but even the name brands are too.

I listen to 70's and 80's rock and metal cranked up and get 2-3 hours out of a charge. when they run dead just pop em in the case and 15 minutes later they are at 100%. They work great with Siri and voice commands, the volume is controlled by sliding a finger up the face of either ear, Tap to pause/mute, Double tap to go to next track. If not listening to music they go into noise cancelling mode (Works great when I fly). IPX7 so I wear in the pool or spa. If im using it for calls the other end can hear just fine.

The case must have a serious battery in it. I only charge it once a month and it charges my earbuds twice a day. The case is also a cell charger and has enough juice to charge my Iphone 7 Plus two or three times.

And only $11.00

Over here I order on Lazada but i'm sure they ship to USA also

AMOI F9 Demonstration - YouTube

captcha | lazadacom

Just to double check, these are a different Chinese brand, but appear identical to the Amoi ones I can see on Google. Think they're the same?

https://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Blu...t=&hvlocphy=9012276&hvtargid=pla-854955733132

I have the 65T, but I am sure the 75T are a solid version. The only reason I don't go with noise cancelling is I want to hear my surroundings.

If you want to hear your surroundings REALLY WELL, look into bone-conduction headphones.

I forced my wife to get these for her outdoor running - so that she can hear nearby cars, people approaching, dogs, etc...

They are not cheap, but work really well. They include all of the phone-call, music skip support, etc. as well...

If you want to cancel out background noise, you can wear these and a pair of soft foam earplugs. Probably the best way to cancel loud shop noises and hear music at the same time honestly.

Bone Conduction Headphones | AfterShokz

If you want to hear your surroundings REALLY WELL, look into bone-conduction headphones.

I forced my wife to get these for her outdoor running - so that she can hear nearby cars, people approaching, dogs, etc...

They are not cheap, but work really well. They include all of the phone-call, music skip support, etc. as well...

If you want to cancel out background noise, you can wear these and a pair of soft foam earplugs. Probably the best way to cancel loud shop noises and hear music at the same time honestly.

Bone Conduction Headphones | AfterShokz

That is what these are. Need the bone-mic as they pick up your voice only. And I do the same as far as being able to hear the surroundings. Especially while running, exercising or wanting to hear your surroundings.

I think any of those headsets are decent. Just comes down to which brand. The jaybirds are what I picked as they have the rechargeable storage. Just put the earbuds in and they charge. The storage container is rechargeable as well.

Just to double check, these are a different Chinese brand, but appear identical to the Amoi ones I can see on Google. Think they're the same?

Looks to be the same, Although it doesn't mention the noise cancelation on the ones on Amazon. I guess if you’re not in a plane or near a stamping press then it wouldn't be that big of a deal. I've got three live in GF's and a housemaid and if you've ever heard a group of Filipinas yapping in Tagalog you know it's the loudest high pitch shrill language on the planet. For me, sometimes that noise cancelling feature is worth the price of admission....

Amazons a few bucks more, damn tariffs!

Back