What's new
What's new

Better Looking Safety Glasses?

Hey All,

This may seem ridiculous to some of you, but I'm looking for better looking, more "stylish" safety glasses for myself and my team.
As a high-end art and architectural metalworking shop, we are trusted to make important aesthetic decisions and execute them exceptionally well. Our clientele respects our eye. It feels important to me to curate the experience of working with us a little bit in the realm of attitude, organization, and appearance.

So I would like to find a source for nicer eyewear. Anyone have any suggestions? I found these guys: ANSI Z87.1 | CSA Z94.3 Approved Safety Glasses, Eyewear, and Frames and they have some nice stuff, but I'd like a few more options.

Thanks.

I like nemesis. I buy the smoke and clear. Very comfortable and good price

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Hey All,

This may seem ridiculous to some of you, but I'm looking for better looking, more "stylish" safety glasses for myself and my team.
As a high-end art and architectural metalworking shop, we are trusted to make important aesthetic decisions and execute them exceptionally well. Our clientele respects our eye. It feels important to me to curate the experience of working with us a little bit in the realm of attitude, organization, and appearance.

So I would like to find a source for nicer eyewear. Anyone have any suggestions? I found these guys: YouTube and they have some nice stuff, but I'd like a few more options.

Thanks.

You are really looking like a spammer ya know.....

The company name ends in Rx, which made me thing they sold prescription safety glasses. Seems like I got fooled. I wish prescription safety glasses came in a wider range of choices than I have been able to find. Walmart was a disaster, while Lenscrafters had about three choices. I need bifocals and stigmatism correction.

You are really looking like a spammer ya know.....

No, Doug, he's not, your meds just aren't working lately. You're seeing spammers around every corner. He has legit posts here, the company he linked to is in CA, he's in RI, this is his ONLY post with a link in it, the others are all industry related...

Oakley has shooter glasses that are ASTM or w/e rated for impact. Pricey but form over function in this instance I suppose.

This whole thing reminds me of

I commend any company that figures out how to charge double or more what the competition does for the same thing... oakley has done it for a LONG time.

Honestly i like the wrap around one piece lens sports style, simple impact resistant safety glass lenses in std spec style frames how ever stylish really don't give you the top and side protection you need.

My $1.50 clear Minnesota mine and machine safety specs are the epitome of safety and style. There's no need to sacrifice looks when performance looks so good!

The company name ends in Rx, which made me thing they sold prescription safety glasses. Seems like I got fooled. I wish prescription safety glasses came in a wider range of choices than I have been able to find. Walmart was a disaster, while Lenscrafters had about three choices. I need bifocals and stigmatism correction.
Check out riding glasses. Lenscrafters can put their lens in Wiley X frames, or you can send them your prescription and get them from Wiley X direct.

I have a 2 pairs of prescription Bobsters that I really like. One is clear and the other is photochromatic. They're not cheap, but they're worth the $$, and if you beat up the lenses you can send them back and have'em replaced or polished out.

If you don't need side protection just go to your regular prescription glasses supplier and get polycarbonate lenses of whatever prescription in whatever frame you like.

I have been wearing glasses for 72 years, current ones are Polycarbonate darkening bifocals in steel gray titanium frames.

Paul

No, Doug, he's not, your meds just aren't working lately. You're seeing spammers around every corner. He has legit posts here, the company he linked to is in CA, he's in RI, this is his ONLY post with a link in it, the others are all industry related...

Ha! Thanks TeachMePlease! I'm not sure what made him think that. Also not sure about the CA thing? My company is in RI, but I'm legit. I promise.

Check out riding glasses. Lenscrafters can put their lens in Wiley X frames, or you can send them your prescription and get them from Wiley X direct.

I have a 2 pairs of prescription Bobsters that I really like. One is clear and the other is photochromatic. They're not cheap, but they're worth the $$, and if you beat up the lenses you can send them back and have'em replaced or polished out.

I like these Wiley X frames. Thanks!

And yes, Miguels244, but the art biz is the art biz. I also make good-looking stuff for people, and think that I deserve some good looking stuff too!

Back