What's new
What's new

bringing on a new guy -sorta

reedeprintice

Stainless
My cousin will be trying out his shoes in the shop next week . He has experience working manual lathes and mills , this will be interesting . I need a break to program the mills and turn blanks out .

My cousin will be trying out his shoes in the shop next week . He has experience working manual lathes and mills , this will be interesting . I need a break to program the mills and turn blanks out .

Was that information you'll be updating from time to time or something you thought we needed to know? ;) :)

Good luck (goes without saying) but be aware there are pitfalls to employing relatives. It is a rare one who won't expect favorable treatment, in however small a way, compared to other employees. And it's a rare "other" employee who won't assume the boss' relative is getting favored treatment. The exception is when the relative actually has an ownership position or is a company officer. That never seems to bother anybody. It's only when a relative is on board as a regular and presumably coequal worker that trouble starts. That's why many companies have a no-nepotism rule...

Good luck (goes without saying) but be aware there are pitfalls to employing relatives. It is a rare one who won't expect favorable treatment, in however small a way, compared to other employees. And it's a rare "other" employee who won't assume the boss' relative is getting favored treatment. The exception is when the relative actually has an ownership position or is a company officer. That never seems to bother anybody. It's only when a relative is on board as a regular and presumably coequal worker that trouble starts. That's why many companies have a no-nepotism rule...

Business consultant: "Sir, the problem with your business is your son — he's incompetent and destructive. You gotta fire him right away."

Business owner: "I know it. Just one problem. I have to sleep with his mother."

My son works for me right now also - He's a go getter like I was when I worked with my dad , Not a silver spoon . Now my cousin , He was told straight up This is a buis. and is has to act like one . :) I understand the pit falls , I had to let me best machinist go 6 year ago when the economy tanked , and had to work by my self for 6 months . That was hard to let a guy go who worked his arse off and did not deserve it -either one of use deserved that . He's now my best friend good old Oly !

My son works for me right now also - He's a go getter like I was when I worked with my dad , Not a silver spoon . Now my cousin , He was told straight up This is a buis. and is has to act like one . :) I understand the pit falls , I had to let me best machinist go 6 year ago when the economy tanked , and had to work by my self for 6 months . That was hard to let a guy go who worked his arse off and did not deserve it -either one of use deserved that . He's now my best friend good old Oly !

Where the heck did you learn grammar?

Good luck on the hire.

Back