Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Here is a link to the mapped parcel.
    http://gis.co.holmes.oh.us/holmesjs/...pin=2300647005

and the link to the auditors website
    http://www.holmescountyauditor.org/D...D=23-00647-005

This was/is the other parcel
    http://www.holmescountyauditor.org/D...D=23-00647-004

but I don't think it is the original... It shows sale price of $440k, which should include the building property.

Rob F, I don't know.... that really depends on the bank, unless you want to loan me the down

2. Likes Laurentian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Ah, so it IS the place by the road.
    Google put it clear out in the bush.

I wonder why the site doesn't show the sale price?
    Maybe it's just not all buttoned up yet?

So then - again - I'm back to not wanting others / strangers driving so close to my Schidt routinely.

-----------------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

4. Likes Laurentian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by wheelieking71 View Post
    Zoning would be the absolute first thing I would confirm.
    Yes just because there was shop three doesn't mean you can have a business there now. Just saw a property like that recently. Similar pricing.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Great story to as thing end up how they are. One of my old high school buddies bought a 1500 sq ft shop down the road from me with 36 acres. Building needed redone. As I drove by looking at the work being done to rehab it I thought it would be nice to stop by an say hi. Super nice guy and generally a good guy. Glad I didn't. 8 months after rehabbing and putting in what I thought to be around 2-400 amp power supplies (which was a huge red flag to me even though I have kinda the same), he was promptly busted with 1,580 pot plants between two properties which this particular property was filld to the brim. They ended up busting him by getting a warrant on the 10K/month electric bill.(which this part I don't have kinda the same).

Now I'm watching the property and hopefully catch it in tax default. Gov't never seized it.

7. Likes Ox liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gbent View Post
    NO HE DOESN'T!

Unless you have specifically signed a document designating the agent as a "buyers agent", and agreed to pay a commission as such, if the seller is paying the fees the agent is a sellers agent.
    Must not be the case here in WI because my whole family has had the same guy for over a decade and the seller's agent always has to split the commission.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Finsta View Post
    Must not be the case here in WI because my whole family has had the same guy for over a decade and the seller's agent always has to split the commission.
    It definitely is the case here in WI. Listing agreements on either side expire in something like 6 months. There's no way you could have signed an agreement that would have lasted over a decade. The seller does not have to split his commission with your agent unless your agent can produce a current contract signed by you.

Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Im not in the US,but 90% of the snail mail I get is from spivs wanting me to make contact because they have a "hot buyer" for one of my properties.......To find out the name of said "hot" person, I would need to sign an agreement appointing them to be an agent ,thereby agreeing to pay comission ,despite their initial claim the "hot buyer" is covering all their fees...........annnd,as to buying a property with an easement alongside ......never ,never again.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by adh2000 View Post
    It definitely is the case here in WI. Listing agreements on either side expire in something like 6 months. There's no way you could have signed an agreement that would have lasted over a decade. The seller does not have to split his commission with your agent unless your agent can produce a current contract signed by you.
    My point was I don't have to pay his commission out of pocket for him to work for me, not that I don't have to have an agreement with him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy1966 View Post
    Great story to as thing end up how they are. One of my old high school buddies bought a 1500 sq ft shop down the road from me with 36 acres. Building needed redone. As I drove by looking at the work being done to rehab it I thought it would be nice to stop by an say hi. Super nice guy and generally a good guy. Glad I didn't. 8 months after rehabbing and putting in what I thought to be around 2-400 amp power supplies (which was a huge red flag to me even though I have kinda the same), he was promptly busted with 1,580 pot plants between two properties which this particular property was filld to the brim. They ended up busting him by getting a warrant on the 10K/month electric bill.(which this part I don't have kinda the same).

Now I'm watching the property and hopefully catch it in tax default. Gov't never seized it.
    Just be thankful it isn't legal to grow pot there. It is here and buildings like what the OP is looking at have gone up in value tenfold. The messed up part is that the pot industry is not profitable by the book, but they can grow it here legally so they do and they make their profits by exporting where it isn't legal.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Garwood View Post
    Just be thankful it isn't legal to grow pot there. It is here and buildings like what the OP is looking at have gone up in value tenfold. The messed up part is that the pot industry is not profitable by the book, but they can grow it here legally so they do and they make their profits by exporting where it isn't legal.
    Maybe in Oregon. I just read that the first day of sales in Iliinois made 3.2million (gross revenue I ass-u-me). I can't imagine it took that much money to grow/cultivate/ and sell, but I am not a farmer!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Maybe in Oregon. I just read that the first day of sales in Iliinois made 3.2million (gross revenue I ass-u-me). I can't imagine it took that much money to grow/cultivate/ and sell, but I am not a farmer!
    People were excited when it was first legalized. Then after a few months they all went back to buying from their friends that grow in the backyard or stopped smoking it because it wasn't an exciting law breaking thing to bond with their friends over anymore. Pot stores were on every corner then 3/4 of them went under.

The big new thing is industrial hemp and CBD. That's what they're all trying to grow now.

15. Likes Ox liked this post
    Country
    AUSTRALIA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is Ohio warm and sunny enough to grow hemp?....its basically a sub tropical plant,and one time was a declared weed growing all along roadsides and in public land areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

It grows just fine in the summer.
    Local guy was puting on anhydrous last spring and started seeing stalks of corn laying in the middle of the rows here and there.
    Turned out someone went through and pulled a few stalks and replanted starters of dope.

I just heard it the other day, but I don't recall who or how many plants, but I recall it being many. (like 100-300 plants)

Note to the wise:

If you should try this yourself, pick a farmer who has big equipment, figger out what size applicator he will be using, and make sure that you doo this on the far outside rows, or the exact middle rows - that will be hardest to see closely. THEN make sure to pick up the pulled corn plants DA!

Or just wait 'till after it's been top dressed...

----------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You can grow hemp absolutely anywhere, but the problem is you can also grow marijuana absolutely anywhere. If Hemp tests positive for THC it isn't hemp anymore and you have a huge field of garbage that isn't hemp and too shitty to sell as pot. That's what is happening here.

There are a lot of problems the pot/hemp industry is creating that have nothing to do with people getting high. The stink, the disposal and management of all the fertilizers and chemicals used to produce pot, the high humidity that destroys leased buildings from the inside out, the increase in lease rates and property values for industrial buildings.

The ones that win are those that use it. They can get pot for whatever ails them in any form imaginable for next to nothing.

I don't have a problem with the legality of it, especially with all the tax revenue it generates, but I think the industry should have accountability for all the problems it creates.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Arizona
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

There are a lot of problems the pot/hemp industry is creating that have nothing to do with people getting high. The stink, the disposal and management of all the fertilizers and chemicals used to produce pot, the high humidity that destroys leased buildings from the inside out, the increase in lease rates and property values for industrial buildings.

The ones that win are those that use it. They can get pot for whatever ails them in any form imaginable for next to nothing.

I don't have a problem with the legality of it, especially with all the tax revenue it generates, but I think the industry should have accountability for all the problems it creates.
    I can't imagine the marijuana growing industry is any better or worse than the rest of industrialized farming at any of these issues, and possibly better in some instances due to the extra scrutiny they receive from the public opinion on it. I would say that most agriculture (especially factory farming operations) is harsh on the environment/surrounding area, and especially noticeable when looked at singularly.

Also an increase in lease rates while bad for renters is good for property owners, so not sure I could qualify that as a bad thing. Here the operations I know of existing are in 10-25k sq ft warehouses, so it is not really hurting small businesses looking to rent.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Wisconsin
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Just because I like being thorough I spoke to my attorney about this... I was 100% wrong. As indicated by adh2000, as the buyer you do need to sign a separate commission agreement and pay out of pocket at sale for your realtor to work for you (other than some general ethical liabilities in the law), but in practice the guy your family has been using for years is on your side. And if yours isn't then I've got a phone number for you LOL.

I'm putting in an offer on a building this week so it was a good time to ask!

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gbent View Post
    NO HE DOESN'T!

Unless you have specifically signed a document designating the agent as a "buyers agent", and agreed to pay a commission as such, if the seller is paying the fees the agent is a sellers agent.
    newsflash....no matter what you sign, they work for themselves and their best interests.

22. Likes johfoster liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Y

Here the winners seem to be the government, apparently there is still an active black market because the taxed legal stuff is more expensive.

There are lots of tricky bits with the waste. I attended a seminar recently on this and Canada has even tougher on the waste that CA. The problem is that the cannabinoid is present through out - stems stalks etc and law here demands it be destroyed. Not easy to destroy and an "up in smoke" incinerator output is also illegal. In many parts of the US you simply grind up the waste and mix with other organic waste.....not legal here as you've not destroyed the cannabinoid

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

An old skewl chum here has a digester.
    Send it down and I'm sure he'd take care of it for you...

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    Here the winners seem to be the government, apparently there is still an active black market because the taxed legal stuff is more expensive.

There are lots of tricky bits with the waste. I attended a seminar recently on this and Canada has even tougher on the waste. The problem is that the cannabinoid is present through out - stems stalks etc and law here demands it be destroyed. Not easy to destroy and an "up in smoke" incinerator output is also illegal. In many parts of the US you simply grind up the waste and mix with other organic waste.....not legal here as you've not destroyed the cannabinoid
    They worried about the earth worms getting high? If the cannabinoid (that is what "makes" you high?) goes into a compost pile, the organic material is composted, then you use the composted material on your garden, does the cannabinoid seriously then transfer to the plants grown with it?

Not being sarcastic or rude... when I was a kid, kids rolled a joint, or smoked a pipe, pot brownies were what rich kids did. But for some reason, if the above is a serious concern, I think it would be hilarious to grow some hot peppers with "cannabinoid compost" I can just imagine the marketing

26. Likes gustafson liked this post