Business Expansion Plans - am I crazy? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

That doesn't look very tall for expecting so much crane work?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    That doesn't look very tall for expecting so much crane work?

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
    Ox
    Perspective is everything . . . the far wall is 40 foot at the eve. The mezzanine is 16-1/2 feet above the shop floor. For the machines we build, a 25 foot hook height is high enough to pick a machine and set it on the back of a lowboy trailer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

looks good! congrats

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Illinois
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Curious as I'm also at the early stages of planning for a new building. Granted nowhere near the scale you're on. 10,000sf of shop with 1000sf office outside of that area. Who did you go with for the building manufacturer and what are you planning on for siding? I've talked to the folks at heritage and really like the idea of insulated metal panels. Congrats from a newbie btw.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Washington
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Esracerx46 View Post
    Curious as I'm also at the early stages of planning for a new building. Granted nowhere near the scale you're on. 10,000sf of shop with 1000sf office outside of that area. Who did you go with for the building manufacturer and what are you planning on for siding? I've talked to the folks at heritage and really like the idea of insulated metal panels. Congrats from a newbie btw.
    Building by Varco-Pruden for the shop and their subsidiary CSS for the offices all engineered to be bolted together. I worked with Zinter Cranes out of New York for the 25 + 5 ton bridge cranes running on the same runway and I did the design for moving our existing 5 ton crane to the middle bay.

Metal Building & Steel Construction | Varco Pruden Buildings + Conventional Steel

For the siding panels we are using Kingspan / Benchmark insulated steel panels. They are 40 inches high by up to 30 feet long.

https://www.kingspan.com/us/en-us/pr...esignwall-2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cnctoolcat View Post

Too many populated areas are just too big for their britches - and it's mainly because of the local and state governments and their arrogance and ego.

Ultimately high costs and these kinds of anti-business policies will force more and more companies to locate elsewhere...
    There's too many wankers in positions of authority.
    It's a huge shame.

Good on you Motion - all the very best with this but do not burn yourself out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SIM View Post

Some years ago a fire in location in front of our shop had the Gas Company shut service to our premises. I figured no big deal, its summer, we'll have them flick it back on when needed. Kinda forgot about it till it started getting cold, so called Gas Company in September. They come in to turn on, but say we need to call Department of Buildings, DOB. DOB comes in and says we need a pressure test first, we need to call plumber. OK Plumber comes in, 2800 bucks to pull the permit and for the test, I can see point of testing...is what it is I give OK. Day of test, Plumber shows, DOB shows as he must see and validate results...he looks and says the lines are not up to the new code...didn't care that the place met the old code when everything was installed and approved...$6500 to drop the old runs and install new to new code (FYI- I inquired what was different...DOB agent said The "New Code" removed all unions and drops. That was so I could not modify gas lines myself>>> I asked him to look around...did he think removing a union would stop me from modifying "If I wanted to>>...

so long story short-- $9,300 to turn back on the gas service.
    I repeat - Too many wankers in positions of authority!