Buying machinery sight unseen................... - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Being it's "brand new" never been installed, what type of manufacturers warranty will you be getting....if any at all?

That would be a big concern of mine.

You get the machine in, it's running for a couple of months, something goes wrong mechanically or alarms out and you need a service call.....now you're on the hook for repair of a "brand new never been installed" machine that maybe has a couple hundred hours on it.

Just my 2 cents worth....

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I've bought several machines from Steve over the years, as have several friends and colleauges. As far as machinery dealers go, he and his son Andy are about as straight shootin as they come. I would have no issues buying from Vanderziel. We've had a few old used machines (welders IIRC) have a couple issues, and they've been really good about returns or swaps.

They have a massive warehouse, and most everything on their website is there in person. Sometimes they'll sell a machine consignment and leave it wired up in wherever it is. They're upfront about it. If you give them a heads up, they'll crane out whatever you want to look at and power it up for you. When I bought my cold saw from them, they even had some stock for me to cut on demo.

Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    Alberta
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by david n View Post
    Buying from a machine dealer coupla states over. Brand new(never installed) piece of equipment. Nothing I can see wrong with the unit. Just something that was bought by a large company and never put into service and then the used dealer picked it up for a song(I'm sure). Every machine I ever bought was either new or inspected in person. What kinda guarantees should I put on my offer and eventual PO?
    Its better to inspect or visit first and then decide to buy. If its inspected from your trusted person then go ahead as you already have experience in buying.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I bought a saw. It's brand new never installed...................................that helped buying w/o seeing it in person. Vander Ziel is a great place to work with..........the saw is exactly as advertised.

5. Likes red beard, MetalCarnage liked this post