What's new
What's new

Covid-19 started and out Robo-calls stopped

kustomizer

Diamond
We were getting several Robo-calls daily on 3 phone lines and a few weeks ago they stopped. I don't miss them but I am wondering if it is across the nation or just in my little corner? What caused them to stop?

The robo calls stopped, but the junk texts have not (I get about a half dozen a day to the business cell#), also everybody I buy from whether personal or business is e-mailing me almost daily, instead of every week or so.

I haven't seen any slow down in robo calls. Fifteen new ones today. At least a dozen of blocked ones, too(phone rings once, then blocker hangs up). Getting more at the house, usually 5 or 6 a day. Oddly enough, the junk mail at home has gone down to nearly nothing since my wife died in January.

I haven't seen any slow down in robo calls. Fifteen new ones today. At least a dozen of blocked ones, too(phone rings once, then blocker hangs up). Getting more at the house, usually 5 or 6 a day. Oddly enough, the junk mail at home has gone down to nearly nothing since my wife died in January.

If that is odd then I have seen that before. Has to do with the recording of the death certificate. Sorry for your loss

I get 3 or 4 robocalls per day but they have changed, They are almost all now using tapes to start. If they get a reception from the person called, then the "closer" will get on the line.

Some of them are stupid, like the one that offered me an extended warranty on my 22 year old Dodge Truck. LOL.

I've also gotten fake calls from someone claiming to be from the IRS and another pretending to be from the Social Security Administration,

I have caller ID and I never answer them.

I wish I could drop the landline. It's nothing but phone spammers and it's stupidly expensive. I even have a fax, for christ sake. I can easily live without that old POS.

My numbers have fallen sharply. However, if the name of the caller is not known, such as "unavailable" or "cell phone call" I just let it go to the answering machine. Occasionally, one will be valid but must are just a 'click'.

Tom

My junk mail went from 5-6 per day to one or none.

I was getting about 15 junk calls per day. People around me were complaining about how often my phone was ringing so I turned on Silence Unknown Callers on my iPhone. Took about a week but now I only get one or two per day, sometimes none.

I get 3 or 4 robocalls per day but they have changed, They are almost all now using tapes to start. If they get a reception from the person called, then the "closer" will get on the line.

Some of them are stupid, like the one that offered me an extended warranty on my 22 year old Dodge Truck. LOL.

I've also gotten fake calls from someone claiming to be from the IRS and another pretending to be from the Social Security Administration,

OK, so how on Earth doo you know the previous statements - given that you "never answer them"?

I answer everything (or else what - let it ring?) and yet I have no clue of the things that you mention as I hang up if I hear anything that doesn't sound like a person to person call within about 2 seconds.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

OK, so how on Earth doo you know the previous statements - given that you "never answer them"?

I answer everything (or else what - let it ring?) and yet I have no clue of the things that you mention as I hang up if I hear anything that doesn't sound like a person to person call within about 2 seconds.

------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

My Panasonic desk telephones have speakers in them that identify the calling number and when the tape starts you can hear the message without picking up or answering. Recently my phone company also started identifying odd numbers with the message "potential spam".

Many of the numbers lack an area code on caller ID as well. Those are identified as spam.

The damn auto warranty a-holes leave messages and with my phone I have to at least start to listen to them before deleting. I also get a lot of calls from spoofed numbers to make them look local. Funny thing there is my business cell # is a California one and I am in Virginia.

Back