Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Oregon
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ox View Post
    ...My neighbor has, or had a postal Jeep for many years, but I never looked in, nor would have thought to check that 'till now.
    I used to have one of the AM General postal jeeps. IIRC I paid $300 for it back in '94. That thing was a hoot to drive.

The only manual transmissions were the very early years, most all were automatics with normal pedal positions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Locally almost all of our direct competition has either retired, and or died. There seems to be a glut in other related industries, so happy to let em fight it out in those respective areas. Like how many auto upolsterers do you need in a town of about 100,000? Dunno how they all survive to be honest.

When it comes to quoting, if they want to pick my price apart down to mat and labour costs, usually give em a "maybe we aren't the right company for you." In my game generally these types they are just trying to screw you down to nuthin.

My methods cant be too bad, cause picking up an increased number of repeat customers who are sizable in their respective fields. Some are 150 odd kays away in the big smoke, where the competition is far more intense. One even gave me the key to his yard. Attitude is "get it done fast", and tries to make it as easy for me to do so. Good news is he pays quick too. My kind of cust!!