Dealing with HR during the hiring process - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 46 of 46
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3159
    Likes (Received)
    3341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rbpercussion View Post
    I have never seen such vitriol in a post here until now. The best advice to anyone seeking any job is to be polite, fluid in your speech, answer the questions as they are asked with a touch of personalized detail so not to come off as cookie cutter. If you follow any of the shit advice found here you will certainly not get the job. Often times the HR person will be in the presence of people involved with the actual job because they know as well as you do that they can't possibly pretend to know what the actual job is about.

    Be a decent human and if you have the right skills and can speak persuasively, the job is yours. Leave all this hatred aside and let these people be bitter about whatever trivial thing that is ruining their day.
    Don't smell bad (stink), look rested, be clean, perhaps have a reason you are attracted to the area or the company so you might seem to be seeking long term in the ares, perhaps have some personal good habits if asked about such.

    Likely the HR has been handed a sheet of what the area manager or boss is looking for. So do know your stuff about your skill.

    My niece is the HR person for a world top company. She is straight forward and serious..Her job depends on finding the right people.
    Last edited by michiganbuck; 03-21-2019 at 11:00 AM. Reason: added don't Stink

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3045
    Likes (Received)
    3396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post
    and smell good,
    I'd be happy with just don't smell. Showing up covered in perfume is 2 1/2 strikes lol

  3. Likes michiganbuck, paul39 liked this post
  4. #43
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Milverton, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    544
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    129
    Likes (Received)
    211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    I'd be happy with just don't smell. Showing up covered in perfume is 2 1/2 strikes lol
    Id rather someone smell like a dairy barn than an AXE commercial myself.

    Recently had an interview with a high end MTB. HR lady said "what is this mouldmaker thing?, Ive never heard of it"

    Oh boy...

  5. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Beaverdam, Virginia
    Posts
    6,740
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    465
    Likes (Received)
    3016

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rbpercussion View Post
    I have never seen such vitriol in a post here until now. The best advice to anyone seeking any job is to be polite, fluid in your speech, answer the questions as they are asked with a touch of personalized detail so not to come off as cookie cutter. If you follow any of the shit advice found here you will certainly not get the job. Often times the HR person will be in the presence of people involved with the actual job because they know as well as you do that they can't possibly pretend to know what the actual job is about.

    Be a decent human and if you have the right skills and can speak persuasively, the job is yours. Leave all this hatred aside and let these people be bitter about whatever trivial thing that is ruining their day.
    So you are implying anyone who hasn't had good interactions with HR people is a petty jerk just venting because they had to change a flat tire before heading off to work in the morning?

  6. #45
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,289
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3159
    Likes (Received)
    3341

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mcgyver View Post
    I'd be happy with just don't smell. Showing up covered in perfume is 2 1/2 strikes lol
    Good point..I will go back to edit my post..

    Don't smell bad (stink),

    Remember Ted Nugent kicked that guy off the show for smelling like perfume or the like.

    I read about a guy who could not get an interview so he sent the HR a bunch of flowers .. Then just showed up a day later and got an interview..I can't remember if he got the job.

  7. Likes Mcgyver liked this post
  8. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,532
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    3045
    Likes (Received)
    3396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michiganbuck View Post

    I read about a guy who could not get an interview so he sent the HR a bunch of flowers .. Then just showed up a day later and got an interview..I can't remember if he got the job.
    I like stuff like that, I'd probably hire them; at a minimum they'd be top of mind out of the resume stack. I could care less about flowers but its shows someone willing to try harder, think differently and show some self conficence - thats what I want on my team. When I run an ad you get a stack of resumes and the odd few who stop by because they wanted to introduce themselves, if qualified they usually go to the top of the pile....shows some life, pizzaz and interest. Speaking of pizza(z) In previous life I had sales assistant who who do stuff like show up with a pizza at noon when trying get to see the President....did it always work? No, but but it did a lot of the time, and what a great way to differentiate yourself from the heard vying for his business.


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •