What's new
What's new

Decent flatbed shipping bid board / rates

tubeguy

Aluminum
Im wondering if anyone here has had particular good luck with any of the online shipping bid boards. Any you would recommend for or against? Having looked online there are a ton of them. I need to have a machine shipped from Ft Meyers FL to central wiscosnin.

I think it could go in a van easily but a few trucking firms have balked because of the weight and size. 3'x 8'x 4'x 6600 lbs. Just a odd enough size to be a headache.

Its 2 degrees outside, maybe I should drive down and pick it up.....

I don't see any reason shipping LTL in a trailer would be a problem. Maybe if the 96" is the height it could be to tall for a trailer?

most van trailers have no way to secure that machine nor do they have enough structure to keep it from going right through the trailer side. do yourself a favor and hire a " covered wagon", the kind with the " tent frames " that roll along the trailer sides, more or less a vinyl sides trailer they can load with a crane.

and if you put it in your pickup for that trip I want before and after pics...... I hve put 6500 lbs on a f350 dually for less than 100 miles... never 1600.

You can't legally secure something like that in a van. There are companies and drivers that might do it. And they'll get away with it for a while. Then you'll see the pictures on Facebook and that company will be gone for good.

most van trailers have no way to secure that machine nor do they have enough structure to keep it from going right through the trailer side. do yourself a favor and hire a " covered wagon", the kind with the " tent frames " that roll along the trailer sides, more or less a vinyl sides trailer they can load with a crane.

and if you put it in your pickup for that trip I want before and after pics...... I hve put 6500 lbs on a f350 dually for less than 100 miles... never 1600.

That may be why 2 different van lines backed out/Or all of a sudden they mis-quoted and the new rate was 4x the original. Anyway like the post says "flatbed" Ive given up on the van route. So aside from just what pops up on a I-net search. Anyone have a bidder broker flatbed service they like?

I was just thinking maybe I should ring up a few machinery dealers. They must have a stable of outfits they get good results from.

Box trucks for pipe delivery have holes bored in floor for pipes to drop in, to keep a pile of pipes from rolling around. Perhaps a way to secure a load? Drop a chain down the hole?

Nussbaum has semi trailers with D-rings in floor, but usually for specific customers.

Call your local CH Robinson. They're brokers, but they regularly get empty flatbeds in all areas of the country that would gladly take a paying load rather than deadhead. Most flatbed guys price their loads coming back empty anyway because the freight is more sporadic. They might make a little money on you, but they'll go through the headache of finding the truck.

You might call a local Landstar agent/broker. I used Landstar to transport my larger mill and lathe. It helped that the local Landstar agent is collocated with my riggers.

Were your going and coming from plays a huge part in flat bed trucking I just got a quote boise id to sctsdale arizona full load 45000lbs double drop trailer and 2 height permits 3800 going 3200 coming back but got a quate last year helena montana to boise 10000 lbs load ' 10' of bed space over 1600.00

Back