Do U Allow Chairs in your CNC shop? - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Why do trolls deny being trolls? Just own your behavior. Our leading resident troll denies both being a troll and his political affiliation.
    Not sure of which troll you speak. There are more than one.
    Last edited by Newman109; 09-24-2019 at 01:40 PM.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Why do trolls deny being trolls? Just own your behavior. Our leading resident troll denies both being a troll and his political affiliation.
    What is his political affiliation to be as condescending high and mighty?

He never owned up completely at all he missed that mark. He made his play and collected a target and he keeps the target by leaving his “sword” as he describes it only partway in the ground but handle up.

He is a black sheep and a rebel. Justification. The man is a scumbag.

Someone mentioned this a while back. See below thread CB started now closed yet still readable.

It is Carbide Bob egging on trolling and trolling the moderator. He will dish it out then play conflicted and then waiver back and forth. His speech was tolerated and this is how he abuses it.
    Lol this place has a history and it is legendary.

He started a trolling thread on a moderator evidently when the mod started egging on like minded persons. It is quite eye opening.

The liimits or how tough can you speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Trueturning View Post

He never owned up completely at all he missed that mark. He made his play and collected a target and he keeps the target by leaving his “sword” as he describes it only partway in the ground but handle up.

Someone mentioned this a while back. See below thread CB started now closed yet still readable.

It is Carbide Bob egging on trolling and trolling the moderator. He will dish it out then play conflicted and then waiver back and forth. His speech was tolerated and this is how he abuses it.

He started a trolling thread on a moderator evidently when the mod started egging on like minded persons. It is quite eye opening.

I meant someone else when I said resident troll. I don't want to mention his name as it could be like the bat signal to Batman and he will show up. Pretty sure most people know who I am talking about.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I meant someone else when I said resident troll. I don't want to mention his name as it could be like the bat signal to Batman and he will show up. Pretty sure most people know who I am talking about.
    Oh sorry about that CB perhaps you are just a rebel and just really a good man. I am off your case then. I will wait for your apology from your post on me #64.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Oh sorry about that CB perhaps you are just a rebel and just really a good man. I am off your case then. I will wait for your apology from your post on me #64.
    We get it. You don't like Carbide Bob. Dualkits talking about the norwegian that shall not be named.

Relax and go have a drink.

6. Likes pgmrmike liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

You misunderstand... Dualkit is talking about Gordon, not Bob.

Bob's a good dude.

You seem to have it in your head that you want to be offended. Maybe it's just because you haven't been around to see all the well written, informative, often humorous posts that Bob has shared. Maybe you're just having a bad day. Maybe virgo is in aquarius or whatever stupid astrology thing you want to believe... I dunno...

But I think you should take a step back and evaluate things, and how you react to them...

8. Likes pgmrmike, Mark Rand, charlie gary liked this post
    Country
    CANADA
    State/Province
    British Columbia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Wait....there's a Norwegian involved???
    Now I'm confused...I thought we were talking about the pros and cons of chairs in the shop and whether or not it was an Assholish move by management to just take them away one night and make everyone's feet knees and backs suffer, just because the manager has a big prickly burr up his ass about squeezing a few seconds more off each cycle.
    I had no idea there could be relevant Norwegians in the argument.

Cheers

Marcus
    Implant Mechanix • Design & Innovation > HOME
    Vancouver Wire EDM -- Wire EDM Machining

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AARONT View Post
    We get it. You don't like Carbide Bob. Dualkits talking about the norwegian that shall not be named.

Relax and go have a drink.
    Check I have never been called a obsolete slacker in my life. CB has not made a good impression with me. I do not buy that he is now a saint. Obsolete and slacker contradict anyway. Lol.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by TeachMePlease View Post

Bob's a good dude.

You seem to have it in your head that you want to be offended. Maybe it's just because you haven't been around to see all the well written, informative, often humorous posts that Bob has shared. Maybe you're just having a bad day. Maybe virgo is in aquarius or whatever stupid astrology thing you want to believe... I dunno...

But I think you should take a step back and evaluate things, and how you react to them...
    I am open minded plus I can not condone his post to me. If it were you you might even feel similar. What side of the gun you are on makes all the difference doesn’t it?

He helps you.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Check I have never been called a obsolete slacker in my life. CB has not made a good impression with me. I do not buy that he is now a saint.

Obsolete and slacker contradict anyway. Lol.

BTW “Stupid and Astrology” from you must be from his good example and role model he is for you. You make excuses for him. I get it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Check I have never been called a obsolete slacker in my life. CB has not made a good impression with me. I do not buy that he is now a saint.

BTW “Stupid and Astrology” from you must be from his good example and role model he is for you. You make excuses for him. I get it.

Dude... You're like Spinit and TomB had a baby.

The "stupid astrology" thing was humor, as most machinists I know tend to be too practical to think that the position of the stars in the sky has anything to do with their lives.

b6459864891f93e201eb300894a66548.jpg

14. Likes Booze Daily, Ox, Philabuster, pgmrmike, AARONT and 1 others liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Dude... You're like Spinit and TomB had a baby.

The "stupid astrology" thing was humor, as most machinists I know tend to be too practical to think that the position of the stars in the sky has anything to do with their lives.

b6459864891f93e201eb300894a66548.jpg
    Like what you posted earlier this has no context for me really.

I lighten up.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Pennsylvania
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
    So....long story short....new-ish manager above me decides everyone sits on their ass too much, and REMOVED ALL CHAIRS from the shop, whether it was an oxblood wingback from 1940, or a simple shop stool with wooden seat.

of course, that really pissed off all my guys (im plant manager and my bosses sometimes break chain of command when they want changes in the shop that i disagree with or move too slowly). Problem IS: operators are refusing to work overtime, complaining they can't stand for another 8/10 hrs per day. Some of that is retalitory, but honestly i don't mind if guys sit at their workbench while machine runs and after they have miscellaneous duties completed, especially after busting their asses the day/week/hours before. Chairs aren't the only thing making them unhappy, but it's #2 on the list besides $$$.

There are many other issues involved, but i am a player's coach, and i think that production can remain high while operators can recoup and recharge after setting up two or more machines and hitting cycle start. i believe that morale is higher when your knees and back aren't screaming at you on the ride home or to work.

Anyway, DOES YOUR SHOP HAVE CHAIRS? STOOLS? RECLINERS? Did they get banned? IS That NORMAL? I asked to allow operators to earn them back, and i'll do more policing if it's abused. For now, boss wants to keep chairs off the shop floor for the foreseeable future. I recommended 'stand-up' desks for the office personnel, and they thought i was joking. I see the pros and cons of both opinions, not sure if i should see how it turns out for awhile, OR, just buy some stools for guys who've earned it and set the bar high. Many of these guys are pushing retirement and a stool or workbench chair is humane i guess. Holy crap, am i corporate now? What has become of us?

I've worked in both types of shops, ones where you run 10 miles per day and don't have time to sit, and others where if your machine is running, you are working. Problem is, i've been here too long and i'd like to know what other shop policy is. WHAT IS YOUR SHOP POLICY REGARDING STOOLS/CHAIRS?
    Man that sounds rough not having a chair to sit in all day. I work in a 20 employee precision tool and die shop and we all have our own desk,chair, and computers. We are very fortunate to have these at our work stations. We are all responsible for our own programming and machine operating so the chairs are a must while working on the computer. Our grinders also have stools to sit on while they inspect parts, go over prints. I can see how stools/chairs can cause some decrease in production, but to straight up take them away seems a bit to0 much to me. Our guys sit at times but we also work really hard and like you 10/12 hrs a day week after week having a chair to recoup or just think for a min. is very appreciated when needed. We have a few old guys as well and if our chairs/stools came up missing I would see a lot of ppl taking off early and time off no doubt.

Country
    DENMARK
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm 5'3" so I've never tested how high it (or any other chair ) goes. I just put it all the way up, I can't find a tape measure, but I'd visually guesstimate it as about 32" off the ground. For fun, I kicked back and put my feet up on my desk, which is approximately 36" like yours, and it was pretty comfy. The chair reclines a decent bit, and what I love about it is that the spring rate on the recline is adjustable.
    Here height adjustable tables have become very common. Just a press on a button slides it up and down. Many seem to like standing up while they work with that table type, others prefer sitting.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Texas
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Bob's a good dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon B. Clarke View Post
    Here height adjustable tables have become very common. Just a press on a button slides it up and down. Many seem to like standing up while they work with that table type, others prefer sitting.
    Awww, damnit

19. Likes Mud, SeymourDumore liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I meant someone else when I said resident troll. I don't want to mention his name as it could be like the bat signal to Batman and he will show up. Pretty sure most people know who I am talking about.”

“Bob's a good dude.

But I think you should take a step back and evaluate things, and how you react to them...”

Here height adjustable tables have become very common. Just a press on a button slides it up and down. Many seem to like standing up while they work with that table type, others prefer sitting.”

Quote Originally Posted by pgmrmike View Post
    [/B]

Awww, damnit
    This whole place is like being trapped in a scary Graveyard guys. I am spooked now this is worse than Halloween.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Maine
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

They are nice. The other option I've seen for people who only work on their computers is an adjustable height platform that sits on your regular desk.

Lista and Bosch both make adjustable height industrial tables/workbenches.

22. Likes Trueturning liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Are you simply trying to drive up your post count? Because if that isn't the reason for this series of rubbish, I'm damned if I can figure out what the reason is.

STFU and get off of Bob's case. You're starting to sound like a more whiny version of Gordon and the 'prolix useless prat' slot is taken.

PDW

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

One shop I worked at years ago had easy chairs for the guys on long cuts, say 1/2hr to 1 hr per cut. They were allowed to read books, magazines,and newspapers whilst the job was running.

One day a guy was turning a large rubber roll. He was sat in an armchair reading a novel. Normally you work from the tailstock towards the shoulder of the work. This particular day he was working towards the tailstock. Unfortunately he'd left a large wrench on the ways. The wrench became jammed length wise between saddle and tailstock and unbeknown to the operator the saddle started to push the tailstock backwards ! The saddle pushed the tailstock away and the roll fell out of the lathe onto the floor. This was a 5 ton chilled iron roll about 12 ft long so it went with a bit of a bang.

After that a notice went up saying the reading of books was banned but magazines and newspapers were still ok.

Regards Tyrone.
    Last edited by Tyrone Shoelaces; 09-25-2019 at 11:39 AM.

25. Likes Ox liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by PDW View Post
    Are you simply trying to drive up your post count? Because if that isn't the reason for this series of rubbish, I'm damned if I can figure out what the reason is.

STFU and get off of Bob's case. You're starting to sound like a more whiny version of Gordon and the 'prolix useless prat' slot is taken.

PDW
    No sorry I stop.