Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Michigan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Plater47 View Post
    We just started the process of working with a local software developer to help integrate our custom quoting program into the JobBOSS workflow. We're defining goals & scope of work now, so not sure yet how they will compare to JobBOSS.

After the experience we had with the JobBOSS implementation folks, we decided to work with a third party rather than go back to JobBOSS.
    That makes sense. What quoting program do you have? We're thinking of doing the same, I'd love to get a referral if you know someone who can do this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by yoke View Post
    Historically it has been the other way around. Most of the work we do is is 3 or less ops so WIP isn't really a problem. We have such short lead times that the part is to the customer before the material certs are even entered into the system. The inspection report, which is still filled out by hand, might sit on a pile for a week or two before its entered.

When a customer calls up and asks for the C of C I have to look around a bit to find them the answer.
    Good answer! If you don't mind, if I am understanding correctly, you're interested in WIP tracking (typically accomplished by scanning). If the orders travel through the shop so quickly, why do you need to track them? Don't let the sales guy sell you something you don't really need. Any WIP tracking station is just another "license" for them so that's what they're trying to sell you.

The Dude

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    West Virginia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by make_machine View Post
    That makes sense. What quoting program do you have? We're thinking of doing the same, I'd love to get a referral if you know someone who can do this.
    We built a custom MS Access database in-house probably 20 years ago. Our bookkeeper taught herself Access DB development and created it. Unfortunately, she has not maintained that skill set and lost the knowledge in the meantime. That's why we're out looking for a vendor to help.

They're currently investigating further to confirm they can get the two programs talking to each other and will give me a quote if they can complete the project. If they can, I'd be happy to provide their contact info.

Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Alabama
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I'm a full time s/w developer, but have been doing IT work for a shop for 15 years. I've written a bunch of apps that interworks with E2. Most recently we have implemented Trello to track jobs in the shop. Job and parts are automatically created in Trello. I've just started to look for work that leverages my understanding of the E2 database. It's a bear.